Principal Duties of Chair of Corporate Governance Committee
- Chair all meetings of the Corporate Governance Committee of the Board.
- In collaboration with the Chairman and CEO, and considering any input from other directors:
- Recommend committee chairs and members of Board committees to the Corporate Governance Committee.
- Establish the agenda for Corporate Governance Committee meetings.
- Be available to act as the Board link and advisor to the Chairman and CEO and others designated as members of the office of the CEO.
- Act as the focal point on the Board for:
- All issues of corporate governance for which the Corporate Governance Committee is responsible.
- Facilitation of communication between the Board and the CEO.
- Suggestions from outside directors, especially on sensitive issues that they feel need to be resolved.
- Review of Board agenda and seeing that any subjects that Board members want on the agenda are included.
- Appoint the Nominating Subcommittee of the Corporate Governance Committee and chair its meetings.
- Provide counsel to the other directors in the performance of their duties.
Last updated: 22 Sep 2010