Key Takeaways from World Congress that Could Save You Time, Money, and Headaches
Tue Mar 29 13:00:29 CDT 2016
What wisdom can be learned from others who have already gone through what you are experiencing as a healthcare provider?
This was the focus of the World Congress Health Care Supply Chain summit in Las Vegas in January where Covidien joined industry thought leaders as they shared their nuggets of wisdom and tried-and-true strategies for creating successful outcomes for your patients and your healthcare system.
Over the coming weeks, we will go in depth on the following topics that were discussed, and more importantly, the solutions that were shared to help you not only achieve your day to day tasks and face your daily challenges but also strengthen your skills as today’s healthcare supply chain executive.
- What it takes to be a successful supply chain executive NOW
- Handling Physician Preference Items: Get physicians aligned with your strategy and encourage engagement and partnership between supply chain and clinicians
- Managing relationships: From the c-suite to clinicians to device and equipment suppliers, relationships are becoming more important than ever to run an effective supply chain operation. What are the secrets to good relationships in this environment?
- What is “value”? It seems there are multiple definitions of “value” when we talk about value-based care. What are they, who will decide the ultimate definition, and what does it mean for health systems?
- Optimizing supply chain in the OR: Gain visibility into the OR – what’s going on in there, and why does it matter?
- UDIs: Absent a mandate, why should hospitals care about these?
Which topic is at the top of your priority list? Were you at World Congress? If so, share your experiences with us in the comments below … what did you find interesting/innovative?