Standardization & the Ideal Vendor/Customer Model: Perspectives from Nurse Leaders
Tue Mar 29 13:00:25 CDT 2016
Perioperative nurses and nurse leaders take on many roles these days. They are leaders, educators and problem solvers.
They have to be expert clinical practitioners. They serve as the hub of information going between all healthcare staff and patients to coordinate care and help maintain a safe environment. They also are the linkage to supporting standardization efforts and integral to the hospital – supplier relationship.
Or click each module below to view the imperatives on their own:
Hear what Pam Hunt, BSN, MSN, RN, Chief Nursing Executive, Community Health Network and Sue Bailey, BSN, RN, CNML, CNOR, Clinical Director Perioperative Services, Kaiser Permanente have to say about their role in driving standardization, critical elements to effective decision-making between supply chain and clinical care teams and the ideal vendor/customer interaction model.
- Once a decision to standardize is made, what are your expectations of the selected vendor to ensure success?
- How do you balance the challenge of physician preference versus clinical acceptability?
- What elements are critical to effective decision making between supply chain and clinical care teams?
- Describe the ideal supplier interaction model.
- Describe your role in driving a decision for standardization.