Certainty When It Matters Most
From procedural sedation to general care floor, reliable access to respiratory status is vital to providing comprehensive care. The Capnostream™ 35 portable respiratory monitor delivers real-time, continuous monitoring of your patient’s respiratory status by measuring etCO2, SpO2, respiration rate, and pulse rate. The Capnostream™ 35 monitor is designed for monitoring in virtually any clinical setting.
The Capnostream™ 35 portable respiratory monitor offers you comprehensive respiratory monitoring to help you respond earlier and intervene sooner if your patient is showing signs of respiratory compromise. The monitor provides information to help support clinical decisions and may improve workflow.
Capnostream™ 35 Portable Respiratory Monitor Highlights
Capnostream™ 35 Portable Respiratory Monitor Buttonology Video
Take a complete product tour of the Capnostream™ 35 monitor.
Capnostream™ 35 Portable Respiratory Monitor Brochure
Learn about comprehensive monitoring across the continuum of care with the Capnostream™ 35 monitor.
Capnostream™ 35 Portable Respiratory Monitor Features
- Continuous, non-invasive, real-time respiratory status monitoring of etCO2, SpO2, respiration rate, and pulse rate.
- May help increase opportunities for clinicians to identify respiratory events earlier and intervene sooner when monitoring patients on the general care floor, in the emergency department and recovery room , during procedural sedation and during intra-hospital and prehospital transport.
- Intended for use with patients of any age; adult, pediatric, infant to neonate; intubated to non-intubated, with sampling lines specifically developed for patient type and use case.
- Rugged, lightweight, shockproof, ergonomic design that’s as functional in the hospital setting as it is in air and ground transport.
Smart Algorithms and Smart Alarm Capabilities:
- The Integrated Pulmonary Index™ algorithm combines four real-time measures: etCO2, SpO2, respiratory rate and pulse rate, to provide an inclusive assessment of a patient’s respiratory status in a single number.
- Apnea-Sat Alert™ algorithm provides actionable insight to potentially prevent adverse respiratory events with summary reports of recurring apnea events per hour as well as oxygen desaturations.
- Smart alarm management technology may reduce clinically insignificant respiratory alarms and provides a clearer indication of patient status while preserving alarm vigilance. Smart alarm technology includes Nellcor™ pulse oximetry SatSeconds™ alarm management and Smart Alarm for Respiratory Analysis™ algorithm (SARA).
Data Management Capabilities:
- Patient data can be sent wirelessly to the Vital Sync™ virtual patient monitoring platform, providing the flexibility to view patient information on any web enabled device, EMR or Clinical Information System.
- Patient data can be stored on USB drive or SD Card, printed, and transferred to other data systems.
213 mm. (h) x 137 mm. (w) x 55 mm. (d) (8.385 in. (h) x 5.393 in. (w) x 2.165 in. (d))
(8.385 in. (h) x 5.393 in. (w) x 2.165 in. (d))
|Unit weight:||1 kg.|
|Input Voltage 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, ± 10%.|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Battery Pack Nominal Voltage and Energy||7.2V; 18.72Wh|
|Battery Operation||3 hours for removable bettery pack; 20 minutes for internal battery pack|
|Battery Charging Time||Up to 5 hours when the monitor is off and up to 8 hours when the monitor is on, for both batteries|
109mm (4.3inch) Color TFT Display
Pixel Pitch: 0.198 (horizontal) x 0.198(vertical) mm
Active Display Area: 95.04 (horizontal) x 53.856 (vertical) mm
Resolution 480 x 272 pixels
Viewing angle (vertical) 125°
Viewing angle (horizontal) 140°
|Trace Speed||3.0, 6.3, 12.5 and 25 mm/sec|
|Waveform Sampling Rate||
77.82 samples/sec for SpO2 (fixed)
20 samples/sec for Capnography (fixed)
|Trend Storage||48 hours with 1 second resolution|
Graphical Display: 1h, 2h, 4h, 8h, 12h views
Tabular Display intervals: 1 sec, 5 sec, 15 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour
|Integrated Pulmonary Index™ algorithm, Nellcor™ SatSeconds Technology, Apnea-Sat Alert™ algorithm, Smart Alarm For Respiratory Analysis™|
|Wi-Fi (Vital Sync ™ virtual patient monitoring platform connectivity option) and file transfer via USB flash drive or micro SD card|
|CO2 Units||mmHg, kPa or Vol%.|
|CO2, etCO2 Range||0-150 mmHg|
|CO2 Waveform Resolution||0.1 mmHg|
|etCO2 Resolution||1 mmHg|
0-38 mmHg: ± 2 mmHg
39-150 mmHg: ± (5% of reading + 0.08 for every 1 mmHg above 38 mmHg)
|Respiration Rate Range||0-150 bpm|
|Respiration Rate Accuracy||
0-70 bpm: ±1 bpm
71-120 bpm: ±2 bpm
121-150 bpm: ±3 bpm
No breath, EtCO2 high, EtCO2 low, RR high, RR low, IPI low
(IPI also requires pulse oximetry information)
|Flow Rate||50 (42.5 ≤ flow ≤ 65) ml/min, flow measured by volume|
|Waveform Sampling||20 samples/s|
|Response Time||2.95 s (typical); with use with sampling lines with long tubing, ~5.0 s|
|Initialization Time||40 s (typical)|
|Calibration Interval||Initially calibrate after 1,200 operating hours, then once a year or after 4,000 operating hours, whichever comes first|
|Nellcor™ pulse oximetry|
|SpO2 Measurement range||1-100%.|
|Adult and pediatric modes|
|SpO2 range 70%-100%||±2 digits over the range of 70 to 100% (when using the accessories defined in this document), including under low perfusion; with motion, ±3 digits; with low saturation (60-80%) ±3 digits|
|SpO2 range 70%-100%||±2% over the range of 70 to 100% (when using the accessories defined in this document), with motion ±3%; with low saturation (60-80%) ±3%|
|Pulse Rate Range||
20 to 250 beats per minute
Pulse Rate values of < 20 beats per minute shall be displayed as 0 beats per minute
Pulse Rate values of > 250 beats per minute shall be displayed as 250 beats per minute.
|Pulse Rate Accuracy||
±3 digits over the range of 20 to 250 beats per minute inclusive,
including under low perfusion; with motion, 48 to 127 bpm ±5 digits
|Alarms||SpO2 High, SpO2 Low, PR High, PR Low|
|Sat Sec Range||10 - 100|
|ITEM||AUDIBLE ALARM||VISUAL ALARM|
|High Priority Alarm||Beep pattern repeated every 5 seconds||Flashing Red LED|
|Medium Priority Alarm||Triple beep repeated every 10 seconds||Flashing Yellow LED|
|Advisories Alarm||No audible alarm||No LED|
|This product is designed to conform to the following standards:
Proven Performance in Critical Situations
2015 AHA guidelines: Waveform capnography enables monitoring of CPR quality, chest compressions, ROSC, and correct placement of endotracheal tube. Capnography monitoring in transport can reduce the risk of unrecognized tube displacement.
Sepsis, severe sepsis, and septic shock are a common cause of hospital death with high costs to healthcare. Rapid identification and intervention increase survival and improve economic outcomes. Evidence suggests capnography may provide a comparable assessment to lactic acid levels.
- Lightweight: 2.2 lbs
- Shockproof: 1.25 meters
- 4.3” sunlight readable, color screen
- 9 display views
- Liquid / Solid ingress protection (iP54)
- Hot swap battery
- Data storage: USB/SD card
- Resuscitation Mode – immediately initiates monitoring
Capnostream ™ 35 Portable Respiratory Monitor Buttonology Video
A video with step by step instructions for utilizing the Capnostream™ 35 monitor.
Capnography Monitoring Implementation Checklist
Access a checklist to help facilitate capnography monitoring implementation.
View Info Sheet
Capnography Policies and Procedures
See capnography in action. Review examples of actual hospital capnography policies and protocols.
Capnography Waveform Tutorial and Exercise
View the tutorial, take the quiz, and download the Capnography Quiz Summary.
Take The Quiz
Capnostream™ 35 Monitor Resuscitation/Crash Cart Brochure
Learn about using the Capnostream™ 35 monitor during resuscitation.
3 Steps to Reducing Alarm Fatigue
Read how monitoring technology may help reduce nuisance alarms.
View White Paper
Clinical Summary: The Economic and Clinical Benefits of Capnography
A clinical summary from Gastroenterology & Endoscopy News that details how capnography may improve patient safety while also decreasing overall costs.
View Clinical Summary
Capnography Clinical Education
Explore the available clinical education resources on capnography.
Respiratory Compromise Clinical Education
Explore the available clinical education resources on respiratory compromise.
Capnography Clinical Bibliography
Review a list of clinical studies on capnography monitoring.
Microstream™ Capnography Published Hospital Results
Learn how Microstream™ capnography has helped reduce adverse events in these hospitals.
View Info Sheet