Airway Management & Protection
The Medtronic intubation product portfolio offers a full range of sizes from adult to pediatric. These products are quality tested for reliability. The products can be segmented into five key areas:
- basic and specialty solutions for the OR
- subglottic suction endotracheal tubes for the ICU and Critical Care
- enhanced direct laryngoscopes
- laryngeal masks
- airway management accessories
Quality airway management devices from a trusted partner.
Shiley™ Evac Endotracheal Tube with TaperGuard™ Cuff
Reduces ventilator-associated pneumonia by an average of 50%.1
Shiley™ Evac Oral Tracheal Tube, SealGuard™, Murphy Eye
Incorporates Shiley™ Evac technology with a polyurethane cuff.
McGRATH® MAC Enhanced Direct Laryngoscope
Combines an inline video display camera with the familiarity of direct laryngoscopy technique.
Shiley™ TaperGuard™ Oral/Nasal Endotracheal Tube
TaperGuard™ tubes offer a simple and cost-effective way to reduce the risk of silent aspiration and protect the trachea.
Shiley™ Cuffed Basic Endotracheal Tubes
Standard cuffed endotracheal tubes available in a wide range of sizes and configurations.
Shiley™ Endobronchial Tube
The Shiley™ endobronchial tube supports oxygenation during single lung ventilation.
Shiley™ Endotracheal Tube with TaperGuard™ Cuff, Murphy Eye with Preloaded Stylet
Improve compliance and reduce waste using endotracheal tubes with preloaded stylet.
Shiley™ Esophageal Endotracheal Airway, Double Lumen
Allows blind placement without a laryngoscope and establishes a patent airway when placed into either the trachea or the esophagus.
Shiley™ Laser Oral Endotracheal Tubes
Shiley™ laser oral endotracheal tubes have a stainless steel body that is airtight, flexible and laser-resistant.
Shiley™ Nasopharyngeal Airway
Provides an open airway that is designed to make suctioning and bronchoscopy easier, safer and less traumatic.
Shiley™ Oral/Nasal Endotracheal Tubes Cuffless, Non-DEHP, Murphy Eye
Medtronic offers a range of neonatal and pediatric cuffless endotracheal tubes made with non-DEHP that does not contain phthalates.
Shiley™ Oral/Nasal Endotracheal Tube, Cuffless with Monitoring Lumen
Intended for oral/nasal intubation and indicated for use in airway management.
Shiley™ Oral and Nasal RAE Endotracheal Tubes with TaperGuard™ Cuff
With the same preformed curve that helps remove the circuit from the surgical field, these tubes are ideal for surgical procedures where aspiration is a concern.
Shiley™ Laryngeal Mask
Designed to provide a secure airway suitable for spontaneous, assisted or controlled ventilation during routine and emergency anesthetic procedures.
Shiley™ Intubating Stylet
Helps reduce friction between stylet and endotracheal tube for easy insertion and withdrawal.
Nellcor™ Adult/Pediatric Colorimetric CO2 Detector
Attaches directly to the endotracheal tube (ETT), helping clinicians verify proper ETT placement.
TaperGuard™ Cuff Technology — The Low-Impact, Low-Pressure Endotracheal Tube
Friction or pressure between the tracheal cuff and the trachea’s sensitive mucosa can lead to irritation, ischemia and tracheal trauma([FOOTNOTE=Liu J, Zhang X, Gong W. Correlations between controlled endotracheal tube cuff pressure and postprocedural complications: a multicenter study. Anesth Analg. 2010;111(5):1133–7.],[ANCHOR=],[LINK=]),([FOOTNOTE=Seegobin RD, van Hasselt GL. Endotracheal cuff pressure and tracheal mucosal blood flow: endoscopic study of effects of four large volume cuffs. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1984;288(6422):965–968.],[ANCHOR=],[LINK=]).
Endotracheal tubes with TaperGuard™ cuff technology have features that may help reduce the tracheal impact of intubation with a unique, taper-shaped cuff design that provides a smaller area of contact with the patient’s airway than traditional barrel-shaped cuffs.2
Unique TaperGuard cuff design:
- Exerts 29% less pressure on the trachea([FOOTNOTE=Lichtenthal PR, Wood L, Wong A, Borg U. Pressure applied to tracheal wall by barrel and taper shaped cuffs. Proc Am Soc Anesth Annual Meeting. 2011:A1054.],[ANCHOR=View Abstract],[LINK=/content/covidien/websites/medtronic/com/en/covidien/support/clinical-evidence.html?id=805252])
- Reduces intracuff pressure required to obtain an adequate seal compared to Mallinckrodt™ Hi-Lo cuffs([FOOTNOTE=Tsuboi S, Miyashita T, Yamaguchi Y, et al.. The TaperGuard endotracheal tube intracuff pressure increase is less than that of the Hi-Lo tube during nitrous oxide exposure: a model trachea study. Anesth Analg. 2013;116: 609–612.],[ANCHOR=],[LINK=])
- Provides more uniform pressure distribution than Mallinckrodt Hi-Lo cuffs at equivalent intracuff pressures([FOOTNOTE=Lichtenthal PR, Wood L, Wong A, Borg U. Pressure applied to tracheal wall by barrel and taper shaped cuffs. Proc Am Soc Anesth. 2011: A1054.],[ANCHOR=],[LINK=])
- Reduces microaspiration by as much as 90% compared to Mallinckrodt™ Hi-Lo cuffs([FOOTNOTE=Lichtenthal PR, Maul D, Borg U. Do tracheal tubes prevent microaspiration? Br J Anaesth. 2011;107(5):821-822.],[ANCHOR=],[LINK=])
The Same Products You've Always Relied On. Soon to Be a New Brand.
Mallinckrodt™ endotracheal tubes and airway accessories will soon be part of Shiley™ airway solutions.
We have chosen to consolidate the airways portfolio for strategic and business reasons including rebranding Mallinckrodt™ endotracheal tubes and accessories to the Shiley™ brand.
Our full line of Shiley™ tracheostomy tubes has a long history and excellent reputation in the market. This move helps us offer a comprehensive airway management portfolio to our customers.