Microstream™ etCO2 Monitoring—an Early Indication of Evolving Respiratory Compromise([FOOTNOTE=Maddox RR, Oglesby H, Williams CK, Fields M, Danello S., Continuous respiratory monitoring and a “smart” infusion system improve safety of patient-controlled analgesia in the postoperative period.],[ANCHOR=View Abstract],[LINK=/content/covidien/websites/medtronic/com/en/covidien/support/clinical-evidence.html?id=573452])
Medtronic offers flexible etCO2 OEM solutions that help leading OEM partners integrate the value, power and accuracy of Microstream™ capnography technology into the broadest range of multiparameter monitoring and medical device host systems.
Our OEM partners, their clinicians and patients benefit from the deep clinical validation and education, wide range of patient interfaces and applications, and the Smart Capnography™ clinical decision support tools of Microstream™ etCO2 monitoring technology.
Microstream™ microMediCO₂ OEM Module
Small, rugged and power efficient, the microMediCO2 module makes monitoring simple and accurate, even in small, portable devices.
Microstream™ MicroPod™ External etCO₂ Module
The flexible, external Microstream™ MicroPod™ etCO2 Module enables easy, cost-effective integration into existing medical device platforms.
Advanced etCO2 Monitoring Innovation — Microstream™ Capnography
Designed for accuracy, Microstream™ technology offers a unique and highly specific measurement technology using Molecular Correlation Spectroscopy™ (MCS), a CO2-specific IR wavelength that is highly accurate and unaffected by the presence of other gases i.e., O2, N2O, He or inhaled anesthetics. The result is clear, crisp waveforms and accurate respiratory rate measurements.
The patented Smart Capnography™ family of algorithms simplifies the use of capnography monitoring and/or was engineered to reduce alarms, and provide clinical workflow utility for improved patient safety. These include Integrated Pulmonary Index™ (IPI), Smart Alarm Respiratory Analysis™ (SARA), Smart Breath Detection™ Algorithm (Smart BDA) and Apnea-Sat Alert™ algorithm with Oxygen Desaturation Index.
The patented sampling line technology and broad FilterLine® portfolio offer a unique breath sampling circuit design, including normal and high humidity sampling lines for intubated and non-intubated patients, oral/nasal sampling with Uni-junction™ technology and oral scoop, innovative supplemental O2 delivery system providing oxygen to both nares and orally in an “oxygen cloud” and Microbore tubing with 0.2 micron filters for fast response and safe, long-term patient use.
Efficient and easy to use, Microstream™ capnography is engineered for use on both intubated and non-intubated patients, and can be used on virtually all patient populations, from neonate to adults, and in virtually all clinical environments. Key features and benefits include:
- Plug and play technology, with fast power up and fully accurate at first reading
- No individual patient calibration or zero required
- Low flow 50 ml/minute sample rate, effective for all patient types and necessary for neonatal sampling.
- Highly accurate etCO2 readings and crisp waveforms
- Effectiveness with both intubated and non-intubated patients as well as oral or nasal breathers
- No dilution with supplementary O2
- Capability to monitor patients with high respiration rates (above 100 bpm) and low tidal volumes
- Moisture handling to minimize complications caused by clogged sample lines
- Flexibility to monitor all patient populations in most environments
- No cross sensitivity with other gases
- Rugged construction with no moving parts or external sensors
- Automatically adjusts for ambient temperature
The Microstream™ Technology Advantage
Microstream™ technology offers a unique and highly specific measurement technology using Molecular Correlation Spectroscopy™
Microstream™ Filterline® Anatomy
Understand how Filterline® sampling lines capture quality breath samples from both nose and mouth breathers