Continuous Monitoring for Every Area of Care
Traditionally, one calibration curve or a limited set of curves is programmed within the monitor. With OxiMaxTMtechnology, the calibration curve is in the sensor, giving clinicians the ability to take advantage of new sensor designs without always upgrading the monitor.
Founded on three basic principles:
- Track the truth
- Give no false assurance
- Do no harm
These principles guide the design of our Nellcor pulse oximetry with OxiMaxTM technology, which provides clinical performance that helps ensure appropriate oxygenation throughout the cardiorespiratory cycle—even in such difficult monitoring conditions as low perfusion and signal interference, including patient motion([FOOTNOTE=Covidien FDA 510(k) K123581.],[ANCHOR=],[LINK=]),([FOOTNOTE=Covidien FDA 510(k) K012891.],[ANCHOR=],[LINK=]).
Nellcor™ Reusable SpO₂ Sensors with OxiMax™ Technology Highlights
Features of NellcorTM Reusable SpO2 Sensors with OxiMaxTM Technology
Single-patient use adhesive bandage with a reusable cable
- Single-patient use adhesive bandage with a reusable cable.
|Adult clip sensor|
|Adult: >40 kg|
|Neonatal/Adult with Wraps: <3 kg or >40 kg|
|Pediatric/Infant with Wraps: 3 – 40 kg|
Reusable Multisite SpO2 Sensors
|Use with wraps or clip accessories|
|Multisite: >1 kg|
|Ear clip (use with SpO2 sensor): >30 kg|
|Pediatric clip (use with SpO2 sensor): 3 – 40 kg|
Nellcor™ Sensors with OxiMax™ Technology Advantages
Patients come through the doors in a range of conditions. To stay ahead of potential complications, clinicians need accurate, reliable continuous monitoring devices to help them ensure appropriate oxygen delivery throughout the cardiorespiratory cycle. Nellcor™ sensors with OxiMax™ technology meet this need.
From the NICU and ICU to the OR and general care floor, Nellcor™ pulse oximeters with OxiMax™ technology use cardiac-based signal processing and alarm management technologies to deliver accurate, reliable SpO2 and pulse rate readings1.
With continuous pulse oximetry from Covidien, clinicians can:
- Obtain accurate readings, even during low perfusion and most types of signal interference, including patient motion1.
- Oversee a wide range of patients, from neonates to adults, including those who require long-term monitoring.
- Improve the clinical relevance of the more challenging alarms and easily distinguish between minor transient events and clinically significant desaturations2.
- Accurately track SpO2 in low-saturation conditions with the LoSat expanded accuracy feature([FOOTNOTE=Bebout DE, Mannheimer PD, Wun C-C. Site-dependent differences in the time to detect changes in saturation during low perfusion. Crit Care Med. 2001;29(12):A115.],[ANCHOR=View Abstract],[LINK=/content/covidien/websites/medtronic/com/en/covidien/support/clinical-evidence.html?id=805201]).
- Perform quick spot-checks or continuously monitor patients in any location.
- Have confidence in the accuracy resulting from the combination of Nellcor™ monitors with OxiMax™ technology and the extensive portfolio of Nellcor™ sensors2.
Nellcor™ Pediatric and Infant Reusable SpO2 Sensor Application Guide
Gain a concise, graphical look at the use of Nellcor pediatric and infant reusable sensors in this single-page sheet.
Nellcor™ Adult Reusable SpO2 Sensor Application Guide
Gain a concise, graphical look at the use of Nellcor adult sensors in this single-page sheet.
Directions for use and/or product manuals.