Continuous Monitoring for Every Area of Care
Traditionally, one calibration curve or a limited set of curves is programmed within the monitor. With OxiMax™ technology, the calibration is in the sensor, giving clinicians the ability to take advantage of new sensor designs without always upgrading the monitor.
Founded on three basic principles:
- Track the truth
- Give no false assurance
- Do no harm
These principles guide the design of our Nellcor pulse oximetry with OxiMax™ technology, which provides clinical performance that helps ensure appropriate oxygenation throughout the cardiorespiratory cycle-even in such difficult monitoring conditions as low perfusion and signal interference, including patient motion.([FOOTNOTE=Covidien FDA 510(k) K123581.],[ANCHOR=],[LINK=]),([FOOTNOTE=Covidien FDA 510(k) K012891.],[ANCHOR=],[LINK=])
Features of Nellcor™ SpO₂ Adhesive Sensors
Comfortable, form-fitting sensors that are suitable for long-term monitoring
LoSat expanded accuracy feature Nellcor™ SpO2 adhesive sensors offer LoSat expanded accuracy when used with OxiMax™ technology.†
LoSat expanded accuracy:
- Offers industry-leading accuracy during low saturation conditions, 60% to 80% SpO2 +/-3
- Enables informed clinical decisions for patients in low saturation range
- Available across the entire line of Nellcor SpO2 adhesive sensors, including Nellcor SpO2 forehead sensors
|Adhesive SpO2 Sensors|
|Comfortable, form-fitting sensors|
|Suitable for long-term monitoring|
|Adult: >30 kg|
|Neonatal/Adult: <3 kg or >40 kg|
|Infant: 3 – 20 kg|
|Pediatric: 10 – 50 kg|
|Adult Nasal: >50 kg|
Nellcor™ Sensors with OxiMax™ Technology Advantage
Patients have a wide range of conditions. To stay ahead of potential complications, clinicians need accurate, reliable continuous monitoring devices to help them ensure appropriate oxygen delivery throughout the cardiorespiratory cycle. Nellcor™ sensors with OxiMax™ technology meet this need.
From the NICU and ICU to the OR and general care floor, Nellcor™ pulse oximeters with OxiMax™ technology and OEM solutions from Covidien use cardiac-based signal processing and alarm management technologies to deliver accurate, reliable SpO2 and pulse rate readings.1
Nellcor™ sensors with OxiMax™ technology enable clinicians to:
- Obtain accurate readings, even during low perfusion and most types of signal interference, including patient motion.1
- Oversee a wide range of patients, from neonates to adults, including those who require long-term monitoring.
- Improve the clinical relevance of the more challenging alarms and easily distinguish between minor transient events and clinically significant desaturations.2
- Accurately track SpO2 in low-saturation conditions with the LoSat expanded accuracy feature.([FOOTNOTE=Bebout DE, Mannheimer PD, Wun C-C. Site-dependent differences in the time to detect changes in saturation during low perfusion. Crit Care Med. 2001;29(12):A115.],[ANCHOR=View Abstract],[LINK=/content/covidien/websites/medtronic/com/en/covidien/support/clinical-evidence.html?id=805201])
- Perform quick spot-checks or continuously monitor patients in any location.
- Have confidence in the accuracy resulting from the combination of Nellcor™ monitors with OxiMax™technology and the extensive portfolio of Nellcor™ sensors.2