Continuous Monitoring for Every Area of Care
Traditionally, one calibration curve or a limited set of curves is programmed within the monitor. With OxiMax™ technology, the calibration curve is in the sensor, giving clinicians the ability to take advantage of new sensor designs without always upgrading the monitor.
Founded on three basic principles:
-Track the truth
-Give no false assurance
-Do no harm
These principles guide the design of our Nellcor™ pulse oximetry with OxiMax technology, which provides clinical performance that helps ensure appropriate oxygenation throughout the cardiorespiratory cycle - even in such difficult monitoring conditions as low perfusion and signal interference, including patient motion([FOOTNOTE=Covidien FDA 510(k) K123581.],[ANCHOR=],[LINK=]),([FOOTNOTE=Covidien FDA 510(k) K012891.],[ANCHOR=],[LINK=]) 1,2.
Nellcor™ SpO₂ Sensors Two Piece with OxiMax™ Technology Highlights
Features of Nellcor™ Two-Piece SpO2 Sensors
Single-patient use adhesive bandage with a reusable cable
- Single-patient use adhesive bandage with a reusable cable.
|Two-piece SpO2 sensors|
|Single-patient-use adhesive bandage|
|Adult: >30 kg|
|Neonatal/Adult: <3 kg or >40 kg|
|Infant: 3 – 20 kg|
|Pediatric: 10 – 50 kg|
|Sensor cable: 3 ft.|
Nellcor™ Sensors with OxiMax™ Technology Advantages
Patients have a wide range of conditions. To stay ahead of potential complications, clinicians need accurate, reliable continuous monitoring devices to help them ensure appropriate oxygen delivery throughout the cardiorespiratory cycle. Nellcor™ sensors with OxiMax™ technology meet this need.
From the NICU and ICU to the OR and general care floor, Nellcor™ pulse oximeters with OxiMax™ technology from Covidien use cardiac-based signal processing and alarm management technologies to deliver accurate, reliable SpO2 and pulse rate readings1.
With continuous pulse oximetry from Covidien, clinicians can:
- Obtain accurate readings, even during low perfusion and most types of signal interference, including patient motion1.
- Oversee a wide range of patients, from neonates to adults, including those who require long-term monitoring.
- Improve the clinical relevance of the more challenging alarms and easily distinguish between minor transient events and clinically significant desaturations2.
- Accurately track SpO2 in low-saturation conditions with the LoSat expanded accuracy feature([FOOTNOTE=Bebout DE, Mannheimer PD, Wun C-C. Site-dependent differences in the time to detect changes in saturation during low perfusion. Crit Care Med. 2001;29(12):A115.],[ANCHOR=View Abstract],[LINK=/content/covidien/websites/medtronic/com/en/covidien/support/clinical-evidence.html?id=805201]).
- Perform quick spot-checks or continuously monitor patients in any location.
- Have confidence in the accuracy resulting from the combination of Nellcor™ monitors with OxiMax™ technology and the extensive portfolio of Nellcor™ sensors2.