Designed To Navigate and Staple Tissue in Tight Spaces
The Endo GIA™ 30 mm reload with Tri-Staple™ technology is the only reload designed specifically for use in situations where space is limited. Its extra-short design provides unprecedented access and maneuverability in the tightest of cavities while still delivering the performance of Tri-Staple™ technology.
Endo GIA™ 30 mm Reload Highlights
Discover the Enhanced Design
Learn more about the access and maneuverability of the shortest reload on the market.
See What Surgeons Are Saying About the Endo GIA™ 30 mm reload
Get surgeons’ perspectives on the Endo GIA™ 30 mm reload with Tri-Staple™ technology.
- Allows for unprecedented access and maneuverability
Also available in a curved tip option.
- Provides surgeons with enhanced visualization and access to surgical site
- Enables dissection and manipulation of tissue and vessels in challenging stapling applications
- Includes flexible introducer
Stronger, Streamlined Fixed Anvil
- Improves maneuverability of stapler around target tissue and enhances clamping force
Stepped Cartridge Face
- Facilitates lateral diffusion of tissue fluids during clamping and firing
New I-Beam Design and Stronger Knife Blade
- Smooth tissue transection in challenging thick-tissue-applications
Larger Anvil Buckets
- Increases target area to facilitate good staple formation, especially in thick tissue
Forward/Backward Compatibility with Endo GIA™ Universal and Endo GIA™ Ultra Universal Staplers
Endo GIA™ 30 mm Reload Features
- The 30 mm length was designed to provide ease of use in MIS procedures and enables improved access and maneuverability in tight cavities.
- The 30 mm reload is also available in a curved tip option, facilitating improved access to vessels and anatomical structures in small cavities, such as vascular applications.
The 30 mm reload’s Tri-Staple™ technology provides
- Improved burst pressure strength*
- Reduced tissue compression stress on outer staple row compared to Endo GIA™ Universal reloads
- Consistent hemostatic performance across a broader indicated tissue range
- Improved tissue retention during manipulation and transection
* The results from bench testing may not directly correlate with clinical performance.
|Reorder Code||Description||Cartridge Color||Staple Size (inner to outer row)||Ordering Quantity|
|EGIA30AVM||Endo GIA™ 30 mm Articulating Vascular/Medium Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology||Tan||2 mm, 2.5 mm, 3 mm||1 Each|
|EGIA30AMT||Endo GIA™ 30 mm Articulating Medium/Thick Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology||Purple||3 mm, 3.5 mm, 4 mm||1 Each|
|EGIA30CTAVM||Endo GIA™ 30 mm Curved Tip Articulating Vascular/Medium Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology||Tan||2 mm, 2.5 mm, 3 mm||1 Each|
|EGIA30AV*||Endo GIA™ 30 mm – Gray Reload||Gray||2 mm, 2 mm, 2 mm||1 Each|
|Other Characteristics & Requirements|
|* Reorder code EGIA30AV, while offering a slimmer fixed anvil, is a vascular reload that does not come with Tri-Staple™ technology|
Stapling Made Smarter
Tri-Staple™ technology reloads are designed to work in harmony with the natural properties of tissue to optimize performance before, during and after stapling. With its stepped cartridge face, Tri-Staple™ technology delivers graduated compression, optimizing interaction between the tissue and stapler because it:
- Generates less stress on tissue during compression and clamping1
- May allow greater perfusion into the staple line2
- Provides outstanding performance in variable thicknesses
The improved design of the stronger fixed anvil and I-beam incorporated into the Tri-Staple™ technology reload results in improved staple line strength, leak resistance and hemostasis when compared to the universal reloads3.
No single stapler can address the wide range of tissue management issues surgeons face on a daily basis. That's why Medtronic has developed a portfolio of specialty stapling solutions within the Tri-Staple™ technology portfolio to provide the right tool to meet each specific challenge.
1 When compared to Echelon Flex™* green reloads as part of a September 2, 2011 analysis comparing different stapler designs and their performance and impact on tissues under compression using two-dimensional finite element analysis (data on file).
2 When compared to Ethicon Echelon Flex™* green reloads as part of a bench study conducted August 16-18, 2011 that measured fluid perfusion into clamped media among different stapler designs (data on file).
3 Covidien Bench Top Testing. Tyvek Pull Apart Testing, In-Vitro Leak Comparison and In-Vivo Leak Comparison Test.
Tri-Staple™ Technology Claims and Evidence
Learn more about the benefits of Tri-Staple™ technology and the evidence to support them.
Discover Tri-Staple™ Technology
Watch a video on the advanced design and performance of Tri-Staple™ technology.
Tri-Staple™ Technology Claims and Evidence iBrochure
An overview of the benefits of Tri-Staple™ technology and the evidence to support them.
Endo GIA™ 30 mm Reload: Tri-Staple Specialty Reload Experience Video
A video featuring surgeons’ perspectives on the Endo GIA™ 30 mm reload with Tri-Staple™ technology.
Endo GIA™ 30 mm reload with Tri-Staple™ technology Information Sheet
A brief overview of the Endo GIA™ 30 mm reload.
View Info Sheet
Reload Selection Chart
A comparative chart of reload selection options.
View Selection Chart
Specialty Stapling Solutions Portfolio Information Sheet
An overview of the Tri-Staple™ portfolio of reloads, including the Endo GIA™ radial reload, black reload, curved tip reload and 30 mm reload.
View Info Sheet
Endo GIA™ Reloads with Tri-Staple™ Technology Technical Brochure
A technical summary of the data and evidence behind many of the innovative features and benefits of Tri-Staple™ technology.