Enhanced Visibility And Maneuverability
The unique Endo GIA™ Curved Tip Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology is the only stapler to feature a curved tip at the distal end of the anvil providing enhanced visibility and maneuverability around target tissues and vessels.
Unique Curved Tip
- Provides surgeons with enhanced visualization and access to surgical site
- Enables dissection and manipulation of tissue and vessels in challenging stapling applications
- Includes flexible introducer
Stronger, Streamlined Fixed Anvil
- Improves maneuverability of stapler around target tissue and enhances clamping force
Stepped Cartridge Face
- Facilitates lateral diffusion of tissue fluids during clamping and firing
New I-Beam Design and Stronger Knife Blade
- Smooth tissue transection in challenging thick-tissue-applications
Larger Anvil Buckets
- Increases target area to facilitate good staple formation, especially in thick tissue
Forward/Backward Compatibility with Endo GIA™ Universal and Endo GIA™ Ultra Universal Staplers
Endo GIA™ Curved Tip Reload Features
- Enhances visualization and maneuverability around target tissues and vessels
- Aids in tissue manipulation, allowing for blunt dissection and mobilization
- May result in operative time savings during dissection of anatomical structures1
The Curved Tip Reload’s Tri-Staple™ technology provides
- Improved burst pressure strength*
- Reduced tissue compression stress on the outer staple row compared to Endo GIA™ Universal reloads
- Consistent hemostatic performance across a broader indicated tissue range
- Improved tissue retention during manipulation and transection
1 In a retrospective review of 45 de-identified, unedited videos of thoracoscopic lung resection cases, the curved tip was associated with better time savings during thoracoscopic lung resection procedures. “Anvil Extension Technology in Thoracic Surgery”; Annals of Thoracic Surgery; 2012; Vol 93: 1280-4.
* The results from bench testing may not directly correlate with clinical performance.
|Reorder Code||Description||Cartridge Color||Staple Size (inner to outer row)||Ordering Quantity|
|EGIA45CTAV*||Endo GIA™ 45 mm Curved Tip Articulating Vascular Reload||Gray||2 mm, 2 mm, 2 mm||1 Each|
|EGIA30CTAVM||Endo GIA™ 30 mm Curved Tip Articulating Vascular/Medium Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology||Tan||2 mm, 2.5 mm, 3 mm||1 Each|
|EGIA45CTAVM||Endo GIA™ 45 mm Curved Tip Articulating Vascular/Medium Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology||Tan||2 mm, 2.5 mm, 3 mm||1 Each|
|EGIA60CTAVM||Endo GIA™ 60 mm Curved Tip Articulating Vascular/Medium Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology||Tan||2 mm, 2.5 mm, 3 mm||1 Each|
|EGIA45CTAMT||Endo GIA™ 45 mm Curved Tip Articulating Medium/Thick Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology||Purple||3 mm, 3.5 mm, 4 mm|
|EGIA60CTAMT||Endo GIA™ 60 mm Curved Tip Articulating Medium/Thick Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology||Purple||3 mm, 3.5 mm, 4 mm|
|Other Characteristics & Requirements|
|* Reorder code EGIA45CTAV, while offering a slimmer fixed anvil, is a vascular reload that does not come with Tri-Staple™ technology|
Stapling Made Smarter
Tri-Staple™ technology reloads are designed to work in harmony with the natural properties of tissue to optimize performance before, during and after stapling. With its stepped cartridge face, Tri-Staple™ technology delivers graduated compression, optimizing interaction between the tissue and stapler because it:
- Generates less stress on tissue during compression and clamping1
- May allow greater perfusion into the staple line2
- Provides outstanding performance in variable thicknesses
The improved design of the stronger fixed anvil and I-beam incorporated into the Tri-Staple™ technology reload results in improved staple line strength, leak resistance and hemostasis when compared to the universal reloads3.
No single stapler can address the wide range of tissue management issues surgeons face on a daily basis. That's why Medtronic has developed a portfolio of specialty stapling solutions within the Tri-Staple™ technology portfolio to provide the right tool to meet each specific challenge.
1 When compared to Echelon Flex™* green reloads as part of a September 2, 2011 analysis comparing different stapler designs and their performance and impact on tissues under compression using two-dimensional finite element analysis (data on file).
2 When compared to Ethicon Echelon Flex™* green reloads as part of a bench study conducted August 16-18, 2011 that measured fluid perfusion into clamped media among different stapler designs (data on file).
3 Covidien Bench Top Testing. Tyvek Pull Apart Testing, In-Vitro Leak Comparison and In-Vivo Leak Comparison Test.
Infographic: Curved Tip Reload in Thoracoscopic Procedures
An infographic showing three reasons to use a curved tip reload during thoracic procedures.
Endo GIA™ Curved Tip Reloads with Tri-Staple™ Technology Information Sheet
A brief overview of Endo GIA™ curved tip reloads.
View Info Sheet
Clinical Summary of the Demmy Study: Anvil Extension Technology in Thoracic Surgery
A Covidien summary of a clinical publication involving Endo Gia™ reloads with Tri-Staple™ technology.
View Clinical Summary
Specialty Stapling Solutions Portfolio Information Sheet
An overview of the Tri-Staple™ portfolio of reloads, including the Endo GIA™ radial reload, black reload, curved tip reload and 30 mm reload.
View Info Sheet