Shiley™ speaking valves enable easier vocalization for alert, awake patients who are independently breathing.
- Available with or without a supplemental oxygen port and cap
- Air flow through oral and nasal chambers decreases secretions, increases ability to smell and swallow([FOOTNOTE=Lichtman SW, Birnbaum IL, Sanfilippo MR, et al. Effect of a tracheostomy speaking valve on secretions, arterial oxygenation, and olfaction: a quantitative evaluation. J Speech hear Res. 1995;38(3):549-555.],[ANCHOR=],[LINK=])
- Decreases hygiene and infection concerns, compared to finger occlusions
- Lightweight materials and construction may help reduce additional pressure on stoma site
- Connector adapts to most tracheostomy tubes including pediatric sizes
- Hinged cap for easy cleaning
- Available sterile
Features and Benefits
Shiley™ tracheostomy tubes and accessories provide trusted solutions from a proven partner.
Shiley™ Speaking Valve Highlights
Shiley Tracheostomy Tubes Overview Video
Explore the clinically versatile range of Shiley tracheostomy tubes and accessories.
Shiley Tracheostomy Products Quick Reference Guide
Discover the features and specifications that make Shiley tracheostomy tubes a first choice for medical professionals.
|Airflow resistance (valve only) at 50 L/min||2.0 cm H2O|
|Work of breathing (with Shiley™ tracheostomy tube, size 10)||0.95 joules/L|
|Shiley™ speaking valve||1/box||SSV|
|Shiley™ speaking valve O2 port||1/box||SSVO|
Note to patients:
All the devices shown here are prescription products and must be obtained from a licensed provider or physician. Patients cannot purchase directly from Medtronic.