Download & Install the Emprint™ Procedure Planning Application Software & Updates
Download and install the newest software, security and operating system updates to ensure your application is current for the Emprint™ procedure planning application. This program will only work on the Dell M6800 Emprint™ procedure planning application.
If you have any questions during the update process, please contact Technical Service at 1-877-501-8737 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select from the options below:
Access full download and installation instructions on our Client Download page.
This procedure takes roughly 10-30 minutes, depending on the speed of the internet connection and the USB flash drive.
- A computer connected to the internet (not the Emprint laptop)
- Emprint planning laptop version 1.2
- USB flash drive with at least 2GB free (you might need to delete files to free up space)
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7
Follow these steps to download and install updates:
- Download the OS and Security Updates zip file onto internet-connected computer
- Right-click the downloaded Zip file and select “Extract Here” to choose a location for the extracted folder. (This may take 10 minutes or more on older computers. Please let it finish w/o canceling)
- Copy the extracted folder (called “Emprint_1.2_OS_security_update_05_23_2017”) onto the USB flash drive (This may take 10 minutes or more older computers. Please let it finish w/o canceling)
- Eject the USB flash drive and insert it into Emprint planning laptop
- Make sure the Emprint planning laptop is plugged in to power supply
- Power on Emprint planning laptop, Press Ctr + Alt + Del to logon. Login with your account password.
- Press Windows Key + E to bring up the file explorer
- Navigate to the USB flash drive
- Find and double-click on the extracted folder (called “Emprint_1.2_OS_security_update_05_23_2017”) to open it.
- Double-click the OS_Security_updates.bat file inside the folder to start the installation. A window will open on the screen.
- Wait until all updates are completed and a new window opens. Its title will be “Windows Update”
**Note: Don't press any keys to continue for faster installation, as some installation processes may not be fully completed.**
- On the left side of the “Windows Update” window, click “Change settings.”
- Under “Important Updates”, change “Never check for updates (not recommended)” to “Install updates automatically (recommended)”.
- Under “Recommended updates”, uncheck “give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates”.
- Under “Microsoft Update”, uncheck “Give me updates for Microsoft...”
- In the pop-up window, click “OK” to confirm.
- At the bottom, click “OK” to save the settings. This will return you to the “Windows Update” window.
- Close all windows.
- Shut down the Emprint planning laptop by clicking the Start button, then selecting “Shutdown.” It will install updates before shutting down. Wait for it to finish before closing the lid or unplugging the power.
- Write down Dell asset tag, which is on a label on the bottom of the Emprint planning laptop.
- Email email@example.com with the Dell asset tag, and “Emprint Planner 1.2 OS update” in the subject line
Follow these steps to download and install the utility:
- Download the Configuration Translation Utility zip file.
- Right-click the downloaded zip file and select “Extract Here” to choose a location for the extracted folder.
- Copy the extracted folder.
- Log in to planning laptop with Administrator credentials (if not already logged in).
- Paste the copied folder onto the desktop of planning laptop.
- Double click on the folder.
- Now Right-click on the “Translation-Utility.exe” and select “Create Shortcut”. A shortcut is created.
- Right-click on the “Translation-Utility.exe - Shortcut” and then select “Cut”. Then right-click on the desktop and select “Paste.”
- Rename the shortcut copied on the desktop from “Translation-Utility.exe - Shortcut” to “Translation-Utility.exe.”
- A shortcut is created on the desktop of planning laptop.
Emprint™ Procedure Planning Application Information Sheet
An overview of Emprint™ procedure planning application.
View Info Sheet
Emprint™ Ablation System Procedure Planning Application Software Overview
A brief video overview of the Emprint™ ablation system procedure planning application software.