Maximo II DR and VR ICD Defibrillators
Maximo II® DR and VR ICD defibrillators for tachycardia therapy are part of the Vision 3D™ Portfolio and offer wireless remote cardiac telemetry via the Medtronic CareLink® Network.
Vision 3D Fundamentals
Vision 3D™ Fundamentals are the foundation of the Vision 3D Portfolio, a comprehensive family of ICD defibrillators and biventricular devices to meet your individual patient's therapy goals.
Vision 3D Fundamentals include:
- Proven cardioverter shock reduction and atrial therapy1
- Dual chamber managed ventricular pacing2
- Industry-leading diagnostics and reporting such as Cardiac Compass®
- Medtronic Conexus® wireless remote cardiac telemetry, part of Medtronic CareLink® Network
- Wathen MS, DeGroot PJ, Sweeny MO, et al, for the PainFREE Rx II Investigators. Prospective randomized multicenter trial of empirical antitachycardia pacing versus shocks for spontaneous rapid ventricular tachycardia in patients with implantable cardioverter-defibrillators: Pacing Fast Ventricular Tachycardia Reduces Shock Therapies (PainFREE Rx II) trial results. Circulation. October 26, 2004;110(17):2591-2596.
- Gillis AM, Pürerfellner H, Israel CW, et al. Reduction of unnecessary ventricular pacing due to the Managed Ventricular Pacing (MVP) mode in pacemaker patients: benefit for both sinus node disease (SND) and AV block (AVB) indications. Heart Rhythm. 2005;Abstract AB-21.
Maximo II ICD Defibrillators – Proven Solutions for Tachycardia Therapy
Wireless remote cardiac telemetry and tachycardia therapy exclusives:
- ATP During Charging reduces cardioverter shocks
- Managed Ventricular Pacing (MVP®) reduces the risk of atrial fibrillation and heart failure hospitalization
Timely, Efficient Follow-up With Wireless Remote Cardiac Telemetry
The same in-depth device information as an office visit:
- Identify and assess problems sooner with remote cardiac telemetry follow-up via Medtronic CareLink® Network
- Receive physician-selected critical data automatically and wirelessly without patient intervention, through CareAlert® Notifications
Important Safety Information
Changes in a patient’s disease and/or medications may alter the efficacy of a device’s programmed parameters or related features.
Programmable Options Provide Noninvasive Solutions for Complex Cases
- Choose a different vector to resolve sensing issues that may lead to unnecessary cardioverter shocks using programmable RV sensing
- Avoid surgical intervention and enhance safety for your patients with high DFTs using Programmable SVC and Active Can®
Programming flexibility reduces risks for patients.
Maximo II ICD Defibrillators
Maximo II DR ICD Defibrillator
- 7.7 seconds BOS*
- 9.2 seconds RRT**
- 7.6 years longevity1
- 37 cc, 68 g
Maximo II VR ICD Defibrillator
- 7.7 seconds BOS*
- 9.4 seconds RRT**
- 8.8 years longevity2
- 37 cc, 68 g
See the Medtronic Maximo II ICD Defibrillator Clinician Manual.
* Beginning of Service
**Recommended Replacement Time
- 50% atrial and 5% ventricular pacing in MVP Mode at 60 ppm, 2.5 V, 0.4 ms, 600 ohms; pre-arrhythmia EGM storage off; 2 full energy charges per year.
- 15% VVI at 60 ppm, 2.5 V, 0.4 ms, 600 ohms; pre-arrhythmia EGM storage off; 2 full energy charges per year.