One Company, One Mission
Written in 1960, our Mission dictates that our first and foremost priority is to contribute to human welfare. Over half a century later, the Mission continues to serve as our ethical framework and inspirational goal for our employees around the world. It guides our day-to-day work and reminds us that our efforts are transforming the lives of millions of people each year.
The Medtronic Mission
To contribute to human welfare through the application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
- To direct our growth in the areas of biomedical engineering where we display maximum strength and ability; to gather people and facilities that tend to augment these areas; to continuously build on these areas through education and knowledge assimilation; to avoid participation in areas where we cannot make unique and worthy contributions. (See Patients for more about our therapies.)
- To strive without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products; to be the unsurpassed standard of comparison and to be recognised as a company of dedication, honesty, integrity, and service. (See Quality to learn more about our industry leadership in this area.)
- To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations, sustain our growth, and reach our goals. (See Investors to learn more.)
- To recognise the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, opportunities for advancement, and the means to share in the company's success. (See Careers to learn more.)
- To maintain good citizenship as a company. (See Citizenship to learn more.)