The Melody Procedure
Typically, the Melody TPV procedure takes 1-2 hours. Patients are asleep for the procedure and usually don’t feel any pain.
Download the video 41MB, Zip File
- The catheter is inserted into the patient’s vein through a small access site.
- The catheter holding the Melody valve is placed in the vein and guided into the patient’s heart.
- Once the Melody valve is in the right position, the balloons are inflated.
- The Melody valve expands into place and blood will flow between the patient’s right ventricle and lungs.
- The catheter is removed.
- Fluoroscopy confirms that the Melody valve is functioning properly.
- The access site is closed.