Medtronic Open Pivot Mechanical Valve
The device that appears in this graphic is a representation of a Medtronic device. The graphic does not include certain identifying information that may appear on Medtronic devices, such as model number or serial number.
- Emery RW, Petersen RJ, Kersten TE, et al. The initial United States experience with the ATS mechanical cardiac valve prosthesis. Heart Surgery Forum. 2001; 4(4):346-353.
- Kelly SGD, Verdonck PR, Vierendeels JAM, et al. A three-dimensional analysis of flow in the pivot regions of an ATS bileaflet valve. Int J Artif Organs. 1999; 22:754-763.
- Van Nooten GJ, Caes F, Francois K, et al. Fifteen years’ single-center experience with the ATS bileaflet valve. J Heart Valve Dis. 2009;18(4):445-452.
- Emery RW, Krogh CC, Jones DJ, et al. Five-year follow up of the ATS mechanical heart valve. J Heart Valve Dis. 2004 Mar;13(2):231-238.
- ATS Medical, Inc. Pre-market approval application – Summary of Safety and Effectiveness: 2000. Washington D.C.; U.S. Food and Drug Administration. 2000.
- Shiono M, Sezai Y, Sezai A, et al. Multi-institutional experience of the ATS Open Pivot bileaflet valve in Japan. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1996; 2(1):51-58.
- Sezai A, Shiono M, Orime Y, et al. Evaluation of valve sound and its effects on ATS prosthetic valves in patient's quality of life. Ann Thorac Surg. 2000;69:507-512.
Information on this site should not be used as a substitute for talking with your doctor. Always talk with your doctor about diagnosis and treatment information.