Professional Engineering Internship
Did you take a break from the professional world to pursue other priorities? Do you want to develop technologies and create solutions that significantly improve patients' lives? If you are an experienced, high-caliber engineer eager to return to engineering after a break of two or more years, this internship program is for you.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- A current career break from engineering of two or more years
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional work experience, excluding internships
- Previous experience working in a collaborative and diverse environment
This six month paid internship will refresh your technical skills while you work with a market leader in healthcare. In addition to key job responsibilities, we provide technical training, professional development, and peer mentoring with full access to the engineering and scientific community at Medtronic.
If you are ready to relaunch your career and are looking to grow and stretch with new opportunities, Careers 2.0 is for you.
Our Careers 2.0 internship runs September 2017 through February 2018. Please apply before August 4, 2017 to be considered for the following intern positions:
- R&D Engineer (Santa Rosa, CA) - 3 internships available - will focus on the development of cutting-edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular products group.
- Sr Reliability Engineer (Mounds View, MN) - will ensure compliance of process validation, controls, design validation, and verification activities.
- Principal Continuous Improvement Engineer (Santa Rosa, CA) - will apply systems engineering, Six-sigma DMAIC tools, strong influence, and collaboration skills to make critical product or process improvements.
- IC Design Engineer (Tempe, AZ) - develop creative technical solutions to complex problems for low-power electrical designs for pacing, defibrillation and pain stimulation products.
- FEA Engineer (Mounds View, MN) - applying knowledge of materials and testing procedures to obtain fundamental material behavior data for input into numerical modelling and FEA software.
A career at Medtronic is like no other. We’re purposeful. We’re committed. And we’re driven by our Mission to alleviate pain, restore health and extend life for millions of people worldwide.