The Medtronic Intellis™, RestoreSensor™, RestoreUltra™, and RestoreAdvanced™ neurostimulators contain a battery that must be recharged regularly to maintain the therapy. A trial system, which is not implanted, does not require recharging.
Recharging Your Intellis Neurostimulator
The recharging system includes the following components:
- The recharger (attached to the programmer) charges your implanted neurostimulator.
- The belt can be used to keep the antenna positioned directly over the implanted neurostimulator during a charging session.
- The programmer battery pack is the rechargeable power source for the patient programmer.
- The AC power supply charges the programmer using AC power. Plug one end into a wall outlet and the other end into the programmer.
If the Low Battery screen appears, you need to recharge your implanted neurostimulator.
- If desired, place the recharger head into the opening on the belt.
- Plug the recharger into the programmer charging port.
- If necessary, press and hold the Lock button on the Unlock screen. The Position screen will be displayed.
- Press your skin where your neurostimulator is located to determine the best place to position the recharger.
- Position the recharger over your neurostimulator and press the Continue button. A series of screens will appear on the programmer screen describing the recharging activity.
Note: The recharging light above the touchscreen will flash green while your neurostimulator is recharging.
Recharging Your Restore Family Neurostimulator
The following components are used during the recharging process:
- The recharger is a hand-held device for charging the battery in your neurostimulator. The display on the recharger provides information on your charging system.
- The antenna is connected to the recharger and used to establish communication with your neurostimulator.
- The waist belt keeps the antenna directly over your neurostimulator during a recharging session.
- The AC power supply and power cord charge the recharger when its battery runs low.
Using the Recharging System FOR RESTORE FAMILY NEUROSTIMULATORS
These videos demonstrate how to use your recharging system.
Parts of Your SCS Recharging System
See an overview of the different parts of the recharging system used with Restore Family neurostimulators.
Buttons on Your Recharger
There are five buttons on your recharger. Learn how to use each of these buttons.
Charging the Recharger
See how to charge your recharger for a Restore Family neurostimulator for pain. The recharger is a hand-held device for charging the battery in your neurostimulator. To recharge your neurostimulator, your recharger needs to be charged.
Charging Your Neurostimulator
See how to establish a good connection between the recharger and your implanted neurostimulator, and how to charge your neurostimulator.
If you have questions about recharging your neurostimulator that are not answered here, contact Medtronic Patient Services at 800-510-6735 for assistance.
Information on this site should not be used as a substitute for talking with your doctor. Always talk with your doctor about diagnosis and treatment information.