You just clicked a link to go to another website. If you continue, you will leave this site and go to a site run by someone else.
It is possible that some of the products on the other site not be licensed for sale in Canada.
Your browser is out of date
With an updated browser, you will have a better Medtronic website experience. Update my browser now.
By choosing to accept, you acknowledge that you are a Certified Healthcare Professional.
Neil Fraser became President of Medtronic Canada in 2004 following numerous commercial positions. Under Neil’s leadership, Medtronic Canada has been a significant leader in business model innovation, market position, productivity and efficiency. He is proud of the high level of engagement among employees faced with a challenging healthcare environment, and one of the largest integrations in medical device history following the acquisition of Covidien in 2015.
Medtronic Canada is honoured to have received numerous awards including: Canada’s Best Large Workplaces, Top 100 Employer in Canada six years in a row, and LEED Silver Certification of its Brampton headquarters.
Neil is passionate and engaged in shaping the Canadian health technology market environment through stakeholder engagement strategies both federally and provincially, and driving an innovation agenda that will result in better health care for Canadians. He is a frequent speaker in this field across Canada and holds the following appointments:
· 2017 – Member, Health and Biosciences Economic Strategy Table, Federal ISED & Health Ministries
· 2016 – Chair, Medical Devices Canada (MEDEC) - the industry association that represents Canada’s medical device companies
· 2015 – Board Member, Baycrest Health Sciences, Chair Rotman Research Institute Committee
· 2014 – Former Member, (Federal) Advisory Panel for Healthcare Innovation (APHI), Health Canada
· 2013 – Former Council Member, Ontario Health Innovation Council (OHIC), Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
· 2011 – Founding Member and Co-Chair, Centre for the Advancement of Health Innovations (CAHI) at the Conference Board of Canada
· 2010 – Chair, Ivey Health Advisory Board (2010-2016), Member (2016-)
Neil is particularly proud to have been the executive sponsor of one of the most important cardiology device trials ever conducted in Canada: RAFT (Resynchronization/Defibrillation for Ambulatory Heart Failure Trial) which recruited 1,798 patients, 90% from Canada, and resulted in new guidelines worldwide for Heart Failure (HF). This study led to the successful NCE (Canadian Arrhythmia Network) of which Neil is now a board member.
Prior to Medtronic, Neil worked for Alcan Canada Products Ltd. and was responsible for the introduction of aluminum cans to Canada, including the initiation of curbside recycling programs in Ontario and Quebec in partnership with Environment Ministries. He also worked for Procter & Gamble Inc. where he was responsible for the start-up of a new automated cake mix technology and the patented invention of a new solvent-based household cleaner technology which became a world product: Liquid Spic & Span®.
Mr. Fraser has a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of British Columbia and an MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario. He holds a P.Eng. and is a member of Professional Engineers – Ontario.