V-Loc™ wound closure's barbed technology closes wounds securely without the need to tie knots.
With its unique,5 dual-angle barb design, V-Loc™ wound closure device is proven to lower complications6-9 and improve patient outcomes6-9 while saving you time and money.6-14
Make a great lasting impression by leaving your best “signature”.
1. Polysorb™ Suture [instructions for use]. Mansfield, MA:Medtronic.
2. Vicryl™* Suture [instructions for use]. Ethicon.
3. Based on internal test report CMP-5347 Polysorb™ Sutures vs. Vicryl™* Sutures - Comparing the most popular sizes used in the market. 2013.
4. Debus ES, Geiger D, Sailer M, Ederer J, Thiede A. Physical, biological and handling characteristics of surgical suture material: a comparison of four different multifilament absorbable sutures. Eur Surg Res.1997;29(1):52-61.
5. Zaruby J, Gingras K, Taylor J, Maul D. An in vivo comparison of barbed suture devices and conventional monofilament sutures for cosmetic skin closure: biomechanical wound strength and histology. Aesthet Surg J. 2011;31(2):232-40.
6. Cong L, Li C, Wei B, Zhan L, et al. V-Loc180 suture in total laparoscopic hysterectomy: a retrospective study comparing Polysorbto barbed suture used for vaginal cuff closure. Eur J ObstetGynecolReprodBiol. 2016;207:18-22.
7. Zhou Y, Guthrie G, Chuang A, Faro JP, et al. Unidirectional barbed suture versus interrupted vicrylsuture in vaginal cuff healing during robotic-assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy. J Robot Surg. 2014;8(3):201-5.
8. Tinelli R, Litta P, Angioni S, BettocchiS, et al. A multicenterstudy comparing surgical outcomes and ultrasonographic evaluation of scarring after laparoscopic myomectomy with conventional versus barbed sutures. Int J GynaecolObstet. 2016;134(1):18-21.
9. Tillmanns TD, MabeA, Ulm MA, Lee D, et al. Vaginal Cuff Closure in Robotic Hysterectomy: A Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Barbed Versus Standard Suture. Journal of GynecologicSurgery. 2016;32(4):215-219.
10. Song T, Kim TJ, Kim WY, Lee SH. Comparison of barbed suture versus traditional suture in laparoendoscopicsingle-site myomectomy. Eur J ObstetGynecolReprodBiol. 2015;185:99-102.
11. TsafrirZ, Palmer M, DahlmanM, NawfalAK, et al. Long-term outcomes for different vaginal cuff closure techniques in robotic-assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy: A randomized controlled trial. Eur J ObstetGynecolReprodBiol. 2017;210:7-12.
12. Calculation from V-LocGlobal Value Dossier May 2018. Brown DN, GobernJM. Unidirectional Barbed Suture for Vaginal-Cuff Closure in Laparoscopic and Robotic Hysterectomy. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery. 2016;32(3):167-172.
13. Huang MC, Hsieh CH, SuTH, Chen CP, et al. Safety and efficacy of unidirectional barbed suture in mini-laparotomy myomectomy. Taiwan J ObstetGynecol. 2013;52(1):53-6
14. NawfalAK, Eisenstein D, Theoharis E, DahlmanM, et al. Vaginal cuff closure during robotic-assisted total laparoscopic hysterectomy: comparing vicrylto barbed sutures. JSLS. 2012;16(4):525-9.
† In R&D testing Polysorb™ sutures were statistically significantly comparable or stronger than Vicryl™* sutures during the CWHP:p<0.001 for 0-2 for commonly use sizes USP 1 to 3-0, October 2013.
™* Third party brands are trademarks of their respective owners. All other brands are trademarks of a Medtronic company.