The BIS™ LoC (Level of Consciousness) 4 channel OEM module system is designed for easy integration into monitoring systems. It includes the OEM or standard host monitor cable, the main 4 channel BISx™ processing unit with integrated clamp, and the 4 channel patient interface cable (PIC4) that accepts the BIS™ bilateral sensor.
The BIS™ LoC 4 channel OEM module system provides all the BIS™ technology performance advantages and clinical benefits, plus additional advanced BIS™ brain monitoring features, including:
- The ability to acquire and display up to four channels of raw EEG with waveform display. Two channels collected from the right and two channels from the left.
- BIS™ available from either side of the brain to monitor levels of consciousness — BIS-L and BIS-R Values. Bilateral monitoring allows clinicians to trend both sides of the brain, using the Dual BIS™ Trend.
- New parameter tools to assess hemispheric differences, including the density spectral array and asymmetry indicator (see below).
Advanced features provided by the BIS™ LoC 4 channel OEM module include:
- The Density Spectral Array (DSA)—a graphical representation of a patient’s EEG frequency and power differences between the two brain hemispheres.
- The Asymmetry (ASYM) Indicator—a proprietary BIS™ parameter, in black and white graph form, which provides a simple, quick, and easy-to-assess depiction of hemispheric differences in total power of the EEG between the left and right hemispheres.
The easy-to-use, uniquely designed BIS™ Bilateral Sensor:
- Collects four channels of frontal EEG.
- Is designed for symmetrical placement to capture bi-hemispheric data, providing easy, accurate BIS™ bilateral sensor placement.