The course was developed together with the European Virtual reality Endovascular Research Team view (EVEResT) to allow every team member to learn, practice, improve or maintain the appropriate knowledge, skills and behavior needed for successful raptured EVAR management.
This course is designed for physicians with different levels of experience in the endovascular aortic repair wishing to improve their knowledge about the management of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) and consists of one (1) interactive workshop.
Didactic lectures, case presentations, and interactive discussions supplement hands-on training using several different types of simulation: flow model, synthetic model, and virtual reality simulators to practice the entire procedure.
Physicians interested in learning more about:
- Endovascular treatment options for patients with ruptured AAA
- Principals of hypotensive perfusion to control blood pressure
- Safe and effective use of the endoclamping technique
- Nontechnical skills influincing patients outcomes in crisis scenarios
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and diagnose ruptured AAA
- Apply the principles of hypotensive perfusion to control blood pressure
- Demonstrate steps of percutaneous access and how to exclude a virtual ruptured infrarenal aortic aneurysm by endovascular means
- Use the endoclamping technique and employ adjunctive bail-out techniques on a flow model
Maastricht, The Netherlands
For next available course-dates, contact your local Medtronic representative.