This course is designed for physicians with limited experience in the endovenous treatment of chronic venous reflux disease wishing to expand their knowledge and skills in this field.
This course consists of two parts. Part one (1) is an e-Learning and part two (2) is an interactive face-to-face workshop. The e-Learning includes an introduction to lower extremity venous anatomy, physiology, hemodynamics, and an overview of venous disease.
During the workshop clinical experts will work with the participants using presentations, discussions and hands on elements to transfer critical knowledge and procedural skills needed to perform endovenous procedures with thermal or non-thermal ablation technologies of Medtronic.
Physicians interested in learning more about:
- Endovenous tratment of superficial CVI
- Proper handling and usage of ultrasound for the diagnosis, mapping and treatment of superficial venous diseases
- Technologies and treatment modalities of thermal and nonthermal ablation technologies
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the venous anatomy, function of the venous system and explain chronic venous insufficiencies
- Summarize and demonstrate the effective usage of ultrasound technologies for the diagnosis and endovenous treatment of patients with superficial CVI
- Describe and demonstrate the safe and effective usage of the ClosureFast and VenaSeal technologies for the thermal and non-thermal treatment of superficial venous diseases
EM-TRAC training center
Maastricht, The Netherlands
For next available course-dates, contact your local Medtronic representative.