The aim of this course is to provide insights in the safe approach of one-anastomosis gastric bypass (OAGB) procedures, as well as to provide better understanding of the multi-disciplinary decision process involved. Surgeons will observe 4-6 live cases and will have opportunities to participate in interactive discussions during the procedures.
Participants of this program will have the opportunity to:
- Discuss different bariatric procedures during live cases with expert faculty
- Get a clear overview of scientific evidence on OAGB
- Share best practice techniques on multi-disciplinary decision process
- Get insights on nutrition protocol and post-surgery management
- Discuss patient cases with expert faculty and learn how to better manage complications
This program is designed for advanced surgeons who are currently performing bariatric & metabolic procedures and have a good understanding of laparoscopic bariatric (RYGB & sleeve gastrectomy) procedures.
By attending this course, participants will:
- Gain insights on the safe approach of OAGB procedures
- Learn safe and effective use of laparoscopic staplers, ultrasonic, and advanced bi-polar energy devices using case observations
- Understand the current knowledge and the optimal management strategy for each patient
- Manage difficult situations and understand how to address potential complications
Sunderland Royal Hospital, Sunderland.
Arrival on Day 1:
Scientific discussion and dinner with Faculty.
Lectures, live case and discussions.
Flight departing in the evening.
Evening: Scientific discussion and dinner with Faculty.
Days 2 :
- Introduction to the Sunderland bariatric team
- Overview of OAGB – anatomy and procedural steps
- OAGB live cases and interactive discussions
- OAGB case selection, pre-op and post-op pathways
- Tips & tricks
- Q&A session
Optional: Extra day with more observational surgical cases.