During this course, the topics of indication, perioperative management and various surgical techniques will be covered in lectures, as well as the observation of live surgery with various techniques (Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass and Revisional Procedures).
Participants of this program will have the opportunity to:
- Discuss the indications/contraindications
- Discuss different bariatric procedures during live cases with expert faculty
- Obtain a clear overview of instrumentation used
- Learn how to better manage complications
This 2-day program is designed for surgeons currently performing bariatric & metabolic procedures who would like to increase their knowledge on advanced laparoscopic bariatric (RYGB & Revisional surgery) procedures.
By attending this course, participants will:
- Gain insights on the safe approach of various bariatric & metabolic procedures
- Learn safe and effective use of laparoscopic staplers, ultrasonic, and advanced bi-polar energy devices using video and case observations
- Acquire current knowledge and the optimal management strategy for each patient
- Learn to manage difficult scenarios and understand how to address potential complications
Aker Hospital Oslo.
Arrival on Day 1 in afternoon: Scientific discussion and dinner with Faculty.
Days 2 & 3: Lectures, live cases and discussions.
Flight departing earliest at 6 PM from Oslo airport.
Evening: Scientific discussion and dinner with Faculty.
Days 2 & 3:
Live cases (depending on patient mix):
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Revisional surgery
In between OR sessions, there will be lectures on patient selection, surgical techniques, patient follow-up and complication management.