The aim of this 1.5-day clinical immersion at the Hospital Clínico San Carlos of Madrid is to provide an in-depth teaching about the SADI-S technique to bariatric surgeons experienced in laparoscopic surgery.
The SADI-S technique was developed in Madrid by the faculty members in 2007 and has been continuously improved since then. Long-term patient follow data has been collected and will be discussed.
The course includes ongoing theoretical sessions and live surgery observations with interactive discussions.
Participants of this program will have the opportunity to:
- Ask questions regarding the SADI-S procedure during live cases with expert faculty
- Obtain a clear overview of instrumentation used
- Discuss patient cases with expert faculty and learn how to better manage complications
This comprehensive program was designed for advanced surgeons who are currently performing bariatric & metabolic procedures and have a good understanding on how to perform laparoscopic bariatric (RYGB & Sleeve Gastrectomy) procedures.
By attending this course, participants will:
- Gain insights on the safe approach of the SADI-S technique
- Obtain a deeper understanding of the scientific literature available on the technique
- Learn safe and effective use of laparoscopic staplers, ultrasonic, and advanced bi-polar energy devices using case observations
- Achieve a better understanding of patient selection criteria for the SADI-S procedures and how to optimally follow-up the patient long-term (including nutrition protocol)
- Learn to manage difficult scenarios and understand how to address potential complications
Hospital Clínico San Carlos Madrid.
Arrival on Day 1:
Lectures and discussions start at 4 PM, followed by scientific discussion and dinner.
Live cases and discussion.
Flight departing earliest at 6 PM from the Madrid airport.
- Literature data overview of bariatric surgery
- SADI-S: From malabsorption to a multipurpose operation
- Discussion and Q&A
Lectures will be followed by dinner with Faculty.
Lecture on surgical and technical aspects of the procedure.
Simultaneous live cases:
- Singe anastomosis duodenal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy
In between live cases, there will be discussions on patient selection, surgical techniques, patient follow-up and complication management.