This two-day programme consists of a first day of lectures followed by a second day focused on practising sizing.
Attendance is limited to small groups of physicians in order to provide each participant the opportunity to meaningfully and actively engage with the faculty and practise on a sizing station.
Participants in this programme will have the opportunity to:
- Get a clear overview of the key features to size the aortic valve
- Discuss and debate patient selection, contraindication, and pre- and post-case procedures
- Gain a thorough understanding of pre-operative imaging and TAVI prosthesis sizing
- Share best practices for TAVI sizing and imaging
- Practise on sizing station and discuss TAVI case studies with experts in sizing faculty
Physicians and members of the TAVI team, highly motivated to acquire additional knowledge and skills in pre-procedure imaging and sizing who want to be autonomic in sizing.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Correctly size the valve using the latest imaging technique
- Leverage latest imaging techniques in order to identify optimal vascular access via precise anatomical and pathological patient analysis
- Reach proficiency in performing effective and efficient implant procedure
40-minute drive from Geneva Airport.
Arrival on Day 1 in time for lunch at 12.00;
with flight landing the latest at 10.00 at Geneva Airport.
Departure on Day 2; flight departing earliest at 18.00 from Geneva Airport.
Please refer to the COURSE OFFERING iPDF for all dates.
- Hands-on tutorial, Part I
- How to visualise and quantify the aortic root
- Clinical reality
- Step-by-step sizing
- Anatomical considerations
- Hands-on tutorial, Part II
- Group dinner