This 2-day course covers techniques and recent developments in lateral skull base approaches involving the temporal bone.
Lectures and discussions range from relevant pathologies and indications to approaches surgical techniques with demonstrations; practical hands-on with cadaveric dissections and case discussions.
Participants include specialists in rhinology, neurosurgical skull base and neurotology who are interested in further developing their skills in lateral skull base surgery.
At the end of this course, participants will:
- Understand principles of lateral skull base surgery
- Understand surgical anatomy of the middle and posterior cranial fossa
- Understand the benefits & limitations of lateral skull base surgery for the treatment of various pathologies ranging from petrous bone cholesteatoma, facial nerve tumors, endolymphatic sac tumors, acoustic neuromas, temporal bone malignancies to skull base meningiomas
- Practice various approaches through cadaver dissection which may include partial labirynthectomy, translbyrinthine, transotic, transcochlear, retrosigmoid approach
- Experience and understand the clinical value of powered instrumentation and navigation system in lateral skull base surgery
Please refer to our pdf catalogue.