The aim of this 1.5-day clinical immersion at the Zuyderland Medisch Centrum of Heerlen is to provide an in-depth teaching about the laparoscopic management of inguinal and ventral hernia repair by TEP, IPOM/hybrid and open sublay.
Attendance is limited to small groups of physicians (2 groups of 4 delegates) to provide each participant, the opportunity to meaningfully and actively engage with the faculty.
Participants in this programme will have the opportunity to:
- See & Learn on the product use and the deployment method
- Discuss, debate and share best practices, patient selection, risk factor management, pre- and post-surgery follow-up, patient factors determining therapeutic choices (decision tree).
- Have an overview of the EHS guidelines and key evidences
- Ask questions regarding the Hernia procedure with expert faculty and learn how to better manage complications
- Surgeons experienced in laparoscopic surgery to learn more about open and laparoscopic hernia repair.
- Laparoscopic material available at hospital
By attending this course, participants will:
- Understand the procedural steps and technical tips for the different inguinal and ventral hernia repair techniques:
- Open sublay
- Understand the patient factors determining therapeutic choices
- Learn to manage difficult scenarios and understand how to address potential complications
Zuyderland Medisch Centrum,
Arrival on Day 1 in afternoon: Scientific discussion and dinner with Faculty.
Days 2: live cases and discussions.
Train / flight departing earliest at 8 PM from Train station / airport.
To be determined.