- Two-day VATS Lobectomy Course as a Treatment of Lung Cancer with pre-course dinner (Anterior Approach)
- Max 6 HCP’s (Team training of 2 surgeons, 1 OR Nurse 1 Anasthesiologist)
- Procedural presentation (surgical strategy, guidelines, management of complications, good practice sharing)
- Course dinner with Q&A sessions with the experts
Thoracic Surgeons who want to implement VATS technique in their hospital.
This is a clinical immersion which allows the adoption of the VATS anterior approach surgical procedure for lobectomy in the treatment of lung cancer.
It supports the clinical evidence of a minimally invasive surgical approach to the treatment of lung cancer which encourages an earlier discharge from hospital and a quicker recuperation time.
The surgical, diagnostic and recovery devices which are listed below can be seen in use during this activity to a greater or lesser degree depending on the cases that present.
The cases are rolling clinical cases and there is no way of organising or predicting what specific cases you may encounter. However, both Dr Jiminez Merchan and Dr Congregado the course organisers will spend time discussing other related surgical cases with you.
Seville is a Centre of Excellence for training and education. They not only focus on very high surgical technique but on team training which increases the possibility of VATS procedure adoption at your hospital. In some cases, there will be the possibility of mentorship following the attendance to this course.
The team also looks at the patient pathway and values looking at the patient as a whole, from lung cancer screening to accelerated recovery systems.
Here are some of the products you will see in action.
- Signia™ Stapling System
- Tri-Staple™ Technology
- LigaSure™ Maryland Jaw Open and Laparoscopic Sealer/Divider
- Sonicison/Sonicision curved jaw
- BIS – Brain Monitoring System
Hospital Univeristario Virgen Macarena
C/Dr Fedriani, 3
41009 Seville, Spain
Thoracic Surgeons and their respective teams including OR nurse, anesthetist who have an interest in VATS lobectomy and want to increase their adoption rates.
It includes a theoretical part and a practical one with live surgeries.
- Duration: 12 hours
- Mode: on site