This course focusses on programming of the DBS patient from basic options to advanced programming including the aspects such as managing programming in conjunction with medication and troubleshooting.
The course includes classroom lectures, open discussions and programming workshops. This course addresses topics such as counselling the patient family and caregivers, managing the side effects of the therapies.
This course is offered in partnership with European Continuous Medical Training (ECMT).
For neurologists and nurses involved in the management and programming of Medtronic DBS therapy for movement disorders.
At the end of this training, participants will:
- Feel confident programming the stimulator with basic and advanced modes of stimulation
- Address patient concerns about the therapy
- Counsel the patient’s family and caregivers
- Help identify and manage side effects of the therapy
- Understand the correlation between medication and stimulation
Duration: 1 day
This course is organized on-demand.