This internationally renowned fellowship programme stretches over a 12 to 18 months curriculum, supported by an internationally recognized faculty. The modular format of this programme offers training in a variety of topics and formats, including e-learning modules and didactic, hands-on training both in Medtronic’s education & training facilities in Switzerland and in selected training centers with an assigned clinical training consultant.
Neurologists who are committed to the management of patients with movement disorders with a minimum of 6 months experience in DBS patient management.
The goal of this programme is to provide training in all related aspects and steps in offering Medtronic DBS therapy from a neurologists point of view. The program intends to:
- Teach participants a multidisciplinary approach to DBS therapy, ensuring best clinical outcomes
- Help participants understand the pathophysiology and medical management of Parkinson’s disease, dystonia and essential tremor
- Teach participants about patient selection for DBS for movement disorders
- Help understand the role of the neurologist during the DBS surgery
- Develop participants’ skills about post-operative patient management including medical management, programming and trouble-shooting techniques
- Provide both theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience through placements in different centres
Duration: 18 months
Max 30 trainees
This course is organized every two years, starting in May/June. Please contact your local sales representative to receive more information on the upcoming program.