This two-day course offers the opportunity to expand knowledge in the application of ANTdeep brain stimulation for the treatment of epilepsy. The course combines theoretical learning and hands-on experience.
This course is offered in partnership with European Continuous Medical Training (ECMT).
Dr. Lehtimäki and Dr. Peltola
Neurologists and neurosurgeons with at least two or more years of experience with stereotactic neurosurgery and:
- Interest in the use of ANT-deep brain stimulation as an alternative treatment for epilepsy
- Wish to learn the practical aspects of the therapy or improve and expand their knowledge on implant techniques
At the end of this training, participants will:
- Select patients for ANT-deep brain stimulation
- Perform pre-operative planning of ANT-deep brain stimulation
- Implant ANT-deep brain stimulation
- Manage DBS epilepsy patients after surgery
- Evaluate post-operative outcomes
- Program ANT-deep brain stimulation
TAYS UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Duration: 2 days
This course is organized once per year.