This two-day course offers stereotactic neurosurgeons the opportunity to expand their knowledge in the application of DBS for the treatment of dystonia. The course combines theoretical learning and hands-on experience as well as case observation and discussions.
This course is offered in partnership with European Continuous Medical Training (ECMT)
For stereotactic neurosurgeons to expand their knowledge in the application of DBS for the treatment of dystonia in patients including the pediatric population.
At the end of this training, participants will:
- Understand the operative procedure according to the latest guidelines
- Manage DBS patients throughout their operative journey
- Master DBS in dystonic and dyskinetic syndromes
- Understand the targeting and positioning of the leads to maximize patient therapy benefits in dystonia
- Troubleshoot and manage post-implant complications
GUI DE CHAULIAC
Duration: 2 days
This course is organized once per year.