This two-days course offers stereotactic neurosurgeons, psychiatrists and neurologists the opportunity to expand their knowledge in the application of DBS for the treatment of obsessive- compulsive disorder.
This course is offered in partnership with European Continuous Medical Training (ECMT).
Prof. Denys and Prof. Schuurman
Stereotactic neurosurgeons, psychiatrists and neurologists with an interest in the use of DBS as an alternative treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder, who wish to learn the practical aspects of the therapy and have an interest to improve and expand their knowledge on implant techniques.
At the end of this training, participants will:
- Treat OCD according to the Current treatment options for OCD
- Select patients for DBS according to the psychiatric and neurosurgical selection criteria
- Master neuroimaging and neuroanatomy
- Implant and program the neurostimulator
- Manage post-implant patients
- Evaluate acute postsurgical patients
ACADEMIC MEDICAL CENTER
Duration: 2 days
This course is organized once per year.