This educational programme covers the treatment of degenerative conditions in the lumbar spine. It focuses on the following open access approaches, techniques and pathologies:
- Anterior lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF) & Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
During plenary and interactive sessions, the participants will discuss patient selection and treatment options. Demonstrations of the surgical techniques will be performed during the anatomical workshop. In small groups, attendees will get the opportunity to discuss during the breakout sessions and to practice all presented techniques under the supervision of experts at the laboratory.
Senior residents and young spine fellows with an interest in developing their expertise in spine surgery. The participants should have a limited expertise in the treatment of degenerative conditions in the lumbar spine and should want to further develop their knowledge and proficiency on these approaches, techniques and pathologies.
By attending this course, participants will:
- Be trained on several open lumbar access approaches
- Get to know the latest Medtronic technologies and solutions
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to start practicing the treatment of the degenerative lumbar spine with posterior and anterior open approach
- Interact with peers and experts in the treatment of degenerative conditions