This educational programme covers the treatment of degenerative conditions in the lumbar spine using MAST™ techniques:
- MIS decompression with tubular retractor system
- Mini open Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Mini open Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Percutaneous screw fixation with navigation
During plenary and interactive sessions, the participants will discuss patient selection and treatment options.
Demonstrations of the surgical techniques will be performed during the anatomical workshop. In small groups, attendees will get the opportunity to discuss during the breakout sessions and to practice all presented techniques under the supervision of experts at the laboratory.
Senior residents and young spine fellows with an interest in developing their expertise in spine surgery. The participant should have a limited expertise in the treatment of degenerative conditions in the lumbar spine with minimal access approaches and should want to further develop their knowledge and proficiency on these approaches, techniques and pathologies.
By attending this course, participants will:
- Get to know the latest Medtronic technologies and solutions
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to practice the insertion of pedicle screws and rods percutaneously with navigation
- Be able to select techniques and solutions for common patient groups
- Interact with peers and experts in the treatment of degenerative conditions with MAST™ techniques