This learning plan consists of online training and assessment, a two-day practical course with case discussions and hands-on practice in different simulated environments. After the online course and two-day program, participants return to their centre where they will be proctored on-site by one of our expert faculty until proficiency is reached.
Participants can only access this course after completing the online course. Attendance is limited to small groups of physicians in order to provide each participant the opportunity to meaningfully and actively engage with the faculty.
Participants in this program will have the opportunity to:
- Get a clear overview of the key features of the Medtronic Evolut™ TAVI Platform
- Discuss and debate patient selection, contraindication, and pre- and post-case procedures
- Gain a thorough understanding of pre-operative imaging and TAVI prosthesis sizing
- Share best practices for TAVI access and implantation decisions
- Practice valve loading and deployment using a mix of simulators and fluoroscopy-based aortic models
- Discuss TAVI case studies with expert faculty
The course is specifically designed for aortic valve teams (cardiac surgeons, interventional cardiologists, etc.) who are either willing to start a TAVI program, or have basic TAVI experience and are willing to use Medtronic TAVI devices.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Correctly choose vascular access through precise anatomical and pathological analysis of given patient information
- Leverage latest imaging techniques in order to identify optimal valve size for a given patient
- Describe and list all critical procedure steps for the TAVI procedure
- Expertly load and deploy the valve in different simulated scenarios
- Reach proficiency in performing safe and effective TAVI procedures in their centre
40-minute drive from Geneva Airport.
Online training and assessment have to be completed.
Arrival Day 1; flight landing latest 14.00 at Geneva airport.
Meeting on Day 1 at a hotel in Lausanne followed by dinner.
Meeting on Day 2 at Medtronic headquarters.
Departure Day 2; flight departing earliest at 17.30 from Geneva airport.
|28 – 29 January 2019||Tolochenaz|
|14 – 15 March 2019||Tolochenaz|
|04 – 05 April 2019||Tolochenaz|
|08 – 09 May 2019||Tolochenaz|
|12 – 13 June 2019||Tolochenaz|
|02 – 03 September 2019||Tolochenaz|
|02 – 03 October 2019||Tolochenaz|
|07 – 08 November 2019||Tolochenaz|
|12 – 13 December 2019||Tolochenaz|
- Welcome and introduction
- System overview refresher
- Commented live case
- Imaging and sizing: Fundamentals
- Procedure and best practices
- Wrap-up and group dinner
- Pre- and post-case preparation
- Alternative access procedures
- Workshops on loading, simulator and O-arm
- Tips and tricks
- Case-sharing experiences and case-planning activity