This blended learning program consists of e-learning and in-person training. The primary focus of the program is on knowledge and hands-on experience.
Attendance to the in-person training is limited to small groups and requires completion of the online e-learning modules to ensure all participants have an opportunity for meaningful and active engagement with the faculty.
Participants in this program will have the opportunity to:
- Get a clear overview of the key features of the Medtronic Evolut™ TAVI Platform device
- Gain a thorough understanding of pre-operative imaging and TAVI prosthesis sizing
- Share best practices for TAVI access and implantation decisions
- Practice valve loading and deployment using a mix of simulators and fluoroscopy-based aortic models
- Discuss TAVI case studies with expert faculty
The course is specifically designed for aortic valve teams (cardiac surgeons, interventional cardiologists, etc.) with experience (more than 40 procedures) in TAVI but new to Medtronic Evolut™ TAVI Platform.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Assess optimal TAVI prosthesis sizing based on given pre-operative imaging information
- Correctly choose vascular access through precise anatomical and pathological analysis of given patient information
- Successfully load and deploy the valve in a simulated environment
- Reach proficiency in performing safe and effective TAVI procedures in their centre with the Medtronic device
Advanced training sessions are run in different locations, please refer to the Dates section below.
Online training and assessment have to be completed.
Arrival on Day 1; flight landing latest 13.30.
Meeting on Day 1 at the hospital for Zurich training/hotel for London training followed by dinner.
Meeting on Day 2 at the course location.
Departure Day 2; flight departing earliest 17.30.
|19 – 20 February 2019 ||London |
|11 – 12 April 2019 ||Zurich |
|10 – 11 September 2019 ||London |
|07 – 08 November 2019 ||Zurich |
- Welcome and introduction
- Evolut™ TAVI Platform system implantation procedure
- Imaging and sizing: Fundamentals
- Wrap-up and group dinner
- TF recorded cases or live case
- Hands-on session covering:
- simulation on Aortic Bench model
- Evolut™ TAVI Platform alternative access
- System tips and tricks