This program consists of lectures and discussions, with a particular focus on hands-on experience.
Attendance is limited to small groups of physicians in order to provide each participant the opportunity to meaningfully and actively engage with the faculty.
Participants in this program will have the opportunity to:
- Review the basics of coronary interventions
- Understand TAVI implantation procedures
- Discuss interpretation skills of different radiologic views and imaging modalities
- Practise transcatheter skills via simulator-based training and hands-on sessions on interventional equipment
This course is suited to surgeons with limited or no previous cath lab experience, who require basic catheter and wire skills training in order to perform transfemoral TAVI procedures in their institution with the necessary interventional skills.
Participants must have access to a cath lab and/or a hybrid OR in their institution to complete their training and develop wire skills.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Effectively select the right interventional material for a TAVI procedure from a range of available tools
- Perform predefined procedural steps in a simulated environment
40-minute drive from Geneva Airport.
Arrival Day 1; flight landing no later than 18.00 in time for dinner on Day 1.
Meeting on Day 2 at Medtronic headquarters.
Departure Day 2; flight departing earliest at 17.30 from Geneva Airport.
|06 – 07 February 2019 ||Tolochenaz|
|18 – 19 June 2019 ||Tolochenaz|
|26 – 27 November 2019 ||Tolochenaz |
- Group dinner
- Welcome and round table
- History of angiography, PCI and description of the
- vascular access
- Choice of material: Catheters and guide wires
- Haemodynamics: Illustration with a TAVI case
- Hands-on: Interventional equipment
- Imaging: Different projections radio protection
- Evolut™ TAVI Platform product overview
- Hands-on: TAVI simulation
- Round table and discussion