Designed to address key issues in laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair, ProGrip™ laparoscopic self-fixating mesh delivers tack-free fixation over the entire anatomy2, including below the inguinal ligament where traditional tacks cannot be placed.
|Order Code||Product Description||Unit of Measure||Quantity|
|LPG1510||ProGrip™ Laparoscopic Self-fixating Mesh, 10 x 15 cm||Box||1|
|LPG1510X2||ProGrip™ Laparoscopic Self-fixating Mesh, 10 x 15 cm||Box||2|
|LPG1510AR||ProGrip™ Laparoscopic Self-fixating Mesh, Right Anatomical||Box||1|
|LPG1510AL||ProGrip™ Laparoscopic Self-fixating Mesh, Left Anatomical||Box||1|
|LPG1510AK2||ProGrip™ Laparoscopic Self-fixating Mesh, Bilateral Anatomical||Box||2|
|Textile Material||Monofilament Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)|
|Microgrip Material||Monofilament Polylactic Acid (PLA)|
|Microgrip Absorption Time||> 18 Months|
|Fast Resorbing Film Composition||70% Collagen, 30% Glycerol|
|Fast Resorbing Film Dissolution Time||< 1 Day|
|Weight Before Absorption (g/m2)||82|
|Weight After Absorption (g/m2)||49 (lightweight)|
|Pore Size (mm) (height by width)||1.8 x 1.8 (macroporous)|
|Sterilization Method||Ethylene Oxide|
1. Covidien Internal Test Report 0902CR123. Data on File (June 2012).
2. Kolbe, T, Hollinsky, C, Walter, I, Joachim, A, Rulicke, T. Influence of a new self-gripping hernia mesh on male fertility in a rat model. Surgical Endoscopy 2010; 24: 455-461.
2a. ProGrip™ laparoscopic self-fixating mesh Instructions For Use.
3. Covidien Internal Test Report 0902CR114. Data on File (October 2011). Bard™* soft mesh and Bard™* 3DMax light mesh have the same textile base.
4. Laxa, B, Jacob, B. An ongoing prospective study evaluating self-gripping mesh (Parietex ProGrip™) without additional fixation during laparoscopic total extraperitoneal (TEP) inguinal hernia repair: initial analysis. IHS 2012 P1620. Covidien sponsored study.
5. Birk, D. Self-gripping mesh in laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair. Technique and clinical outcome of 96 operations. IHS 2012 P-1654. Covidien sponsored study.
6. Piccini, G, Lissidini, G et al. No tacks, no glue, no frustration during TAPP groin hernia repair with ProGrip™ and V-Loc™ 180. IHS 2012 FP-1740.
7. Covidien Internal Test Report 0902CR122. Data on File (June 2012).
7a. Kolbe, T, Hollinsky, C, Walter, I, Joachim, A, Rulicke, T. Influence of a new self-gripping hernia mesh on male fertility in a rat model. Surgical Endoscopy 2010; 24: 455-461.7
8. Edwards, C. Self-fixating mesh is safe and feasible for laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair. Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques. Conference: 2011 Scientific Session of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, SAGES San Antonio, TX United States (30.03.2011 – 02.04.2011). 25: S324.
9. Estimate derived from the use of information under license from the following IMS Health information service: Hospital Supply Index for the period Sep ’06 – Jun ‘12. IMS expressly reserves all rights, including rights of copying, distribution and republication. Based on typical prices of anatomical mesh and absorbable fixation in the US.
10. Kapischke, M et al. Self-fixating mesh for the Lichtenstein procedure – a prestudy. Langenbeck’s Archives of Surgery 2010; 395: 317-322.
11.Jacob, B, Morseon, M. Post-Inguinal Hernia Repair Pain Management Costs: Survey of physicians regarding costs of pain management strategies. IHS 2012
Ω ProGrip™ laparoscopic self-fixating mesh and ProGrip™ self-gripping mesh have equivalent gripping and mechanical properties.†,1
† Based on pre-clinical animal and/or benchtop studies.
Σ Measured in millimeter scale.
‡ If the mesh is cut to size, additional fixation should be used based on surgeon’s discretion.