Reveal Insertable Cardiac Monitors
Reveal® Insertable Cardiac Monitors (ICMs) capture the ECG you need to make informed decisions about patients with known or suspected arrhythmias or syncope.
Reveal® Insertable Cardiac Monitor (ICM) captures the ECG you may need to make informed decisions about your syncope patients and those who experience transient symptoms that may suggest a cardiac arrhythmia. Reveal ICM may provide a better diagnostic result than other testing options.1-3
What Are the Benefits of a Reveal ICM?
- Unique diagnostic and monitoring insights with continuous monitoring of heart rate and rhythm which may help diagnose unexplained syncope and palpitations as well as atrial fibrillation
- Vital information about patients with known or suspected arrhythmias or syncope
- Continuous monitoring for up to 3 years may help confirm or rule out life-threatening arrhythmias
- MR conditional labeling for safe patient management*
- Medtronic CareLink® Network compatibility for remote monitoring
- Overcomes the limitations commonly found with other cardiac testing options because it captures the actual episode
- Comprehensive remote monitoring capabilities without an office visit
- Enables a patient to tag symptoms with the hand-held Patient Assistant
- Ease of use from insertion to follow-up
Important Safety Information
A patient's particular medical condition may dictate whether or not a subcutaneous, chronically implanted device can be tolerated.
* Reveal ICMs have been shown to pose no known hazards in a specified MR environment with specified conditions of use. Please see the Reveal XT ICM or Reveal DX ICM Clinician Manual in the Medtronic Manual Library for more details.
- Krahn AD, Klein GJ, Yee R, Norris C. Final results from a pilot study with an implantable loop recorder to determine the etiology of syncope in patients with negative noninvasive and invasive testing. Am J Cardiol. July 1, 1998;82(1):117-119.
- Krahn AD, Klein GJ, Yee R, Takle-Newhouse T, Norris C. Use of an extended monitoring strategy in patients with problematic syncope. Reveal Investigators. Circulation. January 26, 1999;99(3):406-410.
- Krahn AD, Klein GJ, Yee R, Hoch JS, Skanes AC. Cost implications of testing strategy in patients with syncope: randomized assessment of syncope trial. JACC. August 6, 2003;42(3):495-501.
Reveal® ICM captures the ECG you need to make informed decisions about patients with unexplained syncope or transient arrhythmias. It has an exclusive AF detection algorithm to monitor those patients who experience transient symptoms that may suggest a cardiac arrhythmia.1
Due to the complexity in diagnosing and monitoring these patients, it's important to use the technology option that can provide clear information. With continuous ECG monitoring for up to 3 years, Reveal ICM overcomes the limitations commonly found with other testing and monitoring options.
Comprehensive Arrhythmia Monitoring With AF Detection
Automatically Classifies Rhythm Types
- Atrial tachyarrhythmia/atrial fibrillation (AT/AF)
- Ventricular tachyarrhythmia (VT)
- Fast ventricular tachyarrhythmia (FVT)
Includes an Exclusive AF Detection Algorithm
- May detect the presence of AT/AF, including asymptomatic episodes
- Monitors AT/AF burden to assess whether medical treatment is necessary or should be adjusted
- Monitors ventricular rhythm during atrial arrhythmias to assess the efficacy of rate control therapy
Provides Complete Diagnostics
- Cardiac Compass® Trends offers 14 months of rhythm data including:
- Accurate daily AF burden measurement2
- Ventricular rate during AT/AF
- Heart rate variability
- Average day and night rates
- AT/AF Summary provides duration and episode start time details
Allows Patient Activation
- Patient can tag symptoms with the Patient Assistant
- Handheld device alerts patient when to notify physician, based on physician-selected criteria
Ease of Use
- Slim-shaped, leadless device simplifies insertion
- Reveal Vector Check confirms positioning
- Straightforward user interface allows for quick follow-ups
- Episode log allows data sorting and viewing by rhythm type
- ECG storage includes prioritization to streamline arrhythmia identification
- Medtronic CareLink® Compatible
- Easy access to diagnostic data without an office visit – facilitates scheduling and treatment
- Data may be transmitted immediately after patient-tagged event or at scheduled intervals
- Combines long-term monitoring with the safety of MR Conditional labeling3
- For more information regarding reimbursement, please contact your local Medtronic representative. In the United States, contractors have established Medicare coverage of Reveal ICM implants for patients diagnosed with unexplained fainting. Coverage to monitor patients with diagnoses other than unexplained syncope has not been addressed by Medicare contractors. Providers with questions should contact their contractor.
- Accurate = True daily burden > 10 minutes: AF burden in 92% of patients. True daily burden ≤ 10 minutes: Absence of AF appropriately detected in 96% of patients.
- Reveal ICM has been demonstrated to pose no known hazards in a specified MR environment with specified conditions of use. Please see the Reveal XT ICM or Reveal DX ICM Clinician Manual in the Medtronic Manual Library for more details.