O-arm Surgical Imaging System
O-arm® Surgical Imaging with StealthStation® Navigation (PDF, 1.9 MB) provides:
- Speed in the OR: fast access to real-time, multi-plane 3D images (and 2D images)
- Ease in the OR: full support of the unique workflow of spinal procedures
- Safety in the OR: minimized radiation dose for surgical staff
- Confidence in the OR: visualization to confirm hardware therapy placement, potentially eliminating revision surgeries
About the O-arm Surgical Imaging System
The O-arm® Surgical Imaging System is a multi-dimensional surgical imaging platform that is optimized for use in spine, orthopaedic, and trauma-related surgeries. It provides real-time, intra-operative imaging of a patient's anatomy with high quality images and a large field-of-view in both two and three dimensions.
By integrating O-arm surgical imaging technology with Medtronic's StealthStation® surgical navigation systems, surgeons are able to perform less invasive procedures and confirm the precision of advanced surgical procedures before the patient leaves the OR.
O-arm Surgical Imaging System – Animation Video (2:19, 18 MB)
Video introduction to the O-arm surgical imaging system.
O-arm Surgical Imaging System Benefits
Lumbar spine lateral and AP images using the full field-of-view in 2D
- Superior Image Viewing – The O-arm System's large field-of-view and distortion free flat panel technology provide precise image quality for viewing any part of the patient's skeletal anatomy from head to toe.
- Automated Positioning Controls and Workflow – The completely motorized O-arm System and user-friendly controls support quick and easy handling and a smooth workflow. Surgeons can set up and recall up to 4 preferred imaging positions with the touch of a button.
To view clinical images from the O-arm surgical imaging system, please visit the O-arm System Image Gallery.
Specifications: O-arm Surgical Imaging System
O-arm® System 98.1" long ∞ 32.0" wide ∞ 79.6" high
Gantry Opening – 27.5" at telescoping door (open) (69.9 cm)
Mobile View Station
Imaging Modality Performance
Single Plane 2D
Multi Plane 2D
Standard 3D Volumetric
High Definition 3D (HD3D) Volumetric
3D Imaging Volume
Cylindrical Volume; 15 cm (high) ∞ 20 cm (diameter)
2D Image Enhancements
Edge detection (7 settings)
Varian A132 rotating anode insert with B100 housing; generator is max rated at 32 KW
Digital X-ray Detector
Varian model paxscan 4030CB; 2.0 K ∞ 1.5 K, pixel pitch of 0.194 mm;
X-Y shutters, electronically controlled by user, dynamically adjustable filter set
Power Assisted Transport
Two-miles-per-hour power drive system; independent rear wheel drive; handle-controlled
Robotic Motion Controls
Longitudinal, transverse and vertical motion – two inches per second
Robotic Motion Controls
Linear gantry (vertical – ‘Y’); +/-9 inches (22.9 cm); 18 inches total (45.8 cm)