Systems, Software, and Instruments
StealthStation S7 Surgical Navigation System
Detail - The StealthStation S7 Surgical Navigation System
The StealthStation® S7® Medtronic’s seventh generation surgical navigation system, offers many benefits to the surgeon and OR staff:
- Intraoperative Imaging Integration – The StealthStation S7 interfaces with multiple intraoperative imaging systems, including iMRI, iCT, C-arms, and the O-arm® System – Medtronic’s 3D imaging and 2D fluoroscopy system
- Tracking Technologies – Surgeons can choose between Medtronic’s advanced optical surgical navigation camera, or the electromagnetic system
- High Resolution, Wide-Screen Monitor – The system comes standard with a 24 inch (61 cm) high-resolution widescreen monitor, providing surgeons a view of navigation images
- Easy Access to Pre-Op Exams – Many options to access pre-op exams via CD, USB and DICOM Query/ Retrieve.
- 2-cart design for flexible positioning of surgeon and staff monitors
- 50% smaller footprint than the previous StealthStation
- High fidelity, MP3-ready sound system
- Works in docked or undocked positions
- Electromagnetic tracking system can be used from its discreet location on a StealthStation S7 System or attached to the OR bedrail
- Longer camera handle and laser button make it easier to aim the surgical navigation camera from any position
- Uninterrupted power systems that allow you to unplug the surgical navigation system without losing data
StealthStation S7 System (PDF, 330 KB)
Information and system specifications for the StealthStation S7 Surgical Navigation System.
StealthStation i7 Integrated Surgical Navigation System
Detail – StealthStation i7 Integrated Surgical Navigation System
The StealthStation® i7® was designed to optimize space and surgical workflow in the OR.
Versatile Integrated Navigation Solution
The StealthStation i7 Integrated Navigation System helps surgeons:
- Improve procedural workflow by minimizing equipment and cable congestion around the patient table
- Easily view navigation information with ceiling mounted, Digital HD, wide-screen monitors
- Add confidence before closure with intra-operative imaging
- Incorporate integration with advanced visualization and planning capabilities with the StealthViz™ application with StealthDTI™ module
- Personalize workflow with tailored Synergy® navigation software applications
Streamlined Workflow for OR Staff
- The StealthStation i7 integrates easily with booms, audio/visual, intraoperative imaging, microscopes, and other OR components
- The ceiling-mounted navigation camera can be easily positioned to track navigated instruments
- Ceiling-mounted navigation reduces set-up and take-down time for the OR staff
- We support surgical teams from initial room planning to final installation to create the ideal OR solution
- We consult with you to analyze surgical workflow, patient positioning, OR space management, ergonomics, and clinical specialty needs
- We collaborate with architects, hospital staff, and other partners to ensure on-time deployment and verification of your final solution
- We provide comprehensive training, ongoing support, and case coverage to ensure every surgical navigation system runs smoothly
StealthStation i7 Integrated Navigation System (PDF, 307 KB)
Information and system specifications for the StealthStation i7 Integrated Navigation System.
StealthStation iNav Portable Surgical Navigation System
This fee-per-use, agile, portable surgical navigation system was designed so every hospital can offer the benefits of navigation technology to its surgical staff and patients. Available through the Navigation On-Demand Program, the StealthStation® iNav™ is a multi-application system that is small enough to fit into any crowded and space-limited OR.
StealthStation EM Electromagnetic Tracking System
These instruments are used with the StealthStation® System. Please click on ‘Indications, Safety, and Warnings’ on the left for more information, as well as to consult the full System Manual.
StealthStation AxiEM™ surgical navigation system, the proprietary electromagnetic (EM) tracking technology developed by Medtronic, is the industry’s first clinically available EM tracking solution to use unique single-coil engineering. It works by generating an electromagnetic field around the patient’s target anatomy that can be used to triangulate the position of instruments and patient-tracking devices during surgical navigation procedures.
Benefits of StealthStation AxiEM Technology
- StealthStation EM technology has been tested to the same accuracy standards as StealthStation Optical tracking technology.
- StealthStation EM tracking devices are small, non-invasive, and easy to attach to the patient.
- StealthStation EM surgical navigation does not require the patient to be fixed in head pins.
- StealthStation EM tip-tracking allows for flexible instrumentation to be navigated at the instrument tip, enabling the use of surgical navigation in procedures that were previously limited by rigid optical-based tracking technology (e.g. shunt catheters).
- StealthStation EM tracking does not rely on line-of-sight between the emitter and the surgical instruments. The emitter can be draped and kept outside of the sterile field and the staff can move in and out of the EM field with no disruption to the surgical navigation information.
- Patented algorithms constantly monitor the electromagnetic field, including metal disturbance, to ensure surgical navigation precision.
Learn more about StealthStation AxiEM on our YouTube channel with the below links:
Surgical Planning With StealthViz Planning Station
Detail StealthViz advanced visualization and planning
The StealthViz™ Advanced Visualization Application with StealthDTI™ Module enables a surgeon to:
- Explore various surgical scenarios with advanced visualization and extract pertinent information
- Plan and prepare the data for export and use in surgery
- Navigate in the operating room with StealthStation® system precision
The StealthViz application is a powerful 2D/3D surgical planning application. It enables surgeons with all the pertinent information, right at their fingertips in the OR:
- Import multi-modality DICOM scans including MRA, CTA, fMRI, PET, MEG
- Visualize in 2D and with sophisticated, fast 3D volume renderings
- Multi-modality image fusion via StealthMerge™ software
- Segmentation of critical anatomical structures with manual and semi-automatic tools
- Preparation of fMRI activation maps for display in a StealthStation system as 3D objects
- Exploration and planning prior to entering the operating theatre
- Export results to a PACS or StealthStation system for use in neurosurgery
Computer requirements for best processing performance:
- Linux version runs only on Flagstone XM or Nexstone:
- 9730755 StealthStation Planning Station Plus
- 9734048 StealthStation S7® Planning Station
- StealthStation S7 Navigation System
- Windows XP version runs on a customer-supplied computer:
- Minimum 2GB RAM
- nVidia 8800GTS graphics card
- No other configurations have been validated for clinical use.
Note: The StealthViz application runs on the configurations above. The exported results are displayable on any StealthStation Treon™ or S7® Navigation System running Mach™ Cranial 5.0.1 or higher. StealthMerge image fusion software is required on the navigation system.
StealthViz Brochure (PDF, 4.5 MB)
Brochure describing the advanced visualization and surgical navigation planning capabilities of the StealthViz application.