Business Unit Information for Grants and Donations
Please use the descriptions below to help determine which business unit should be selected on the request form.
Cardiac and Vascular Group (CVG)
In collaboration with leading clinicians, researchers and scientists worldwide, Medtronic CVG offers the broadest range of innovative medical technology for the interventional and surgical treatment of cardiovascular disease and cardiac arrhythmias.
- AORTIC: Abdominal and thoracic aortic disease treated with a stent graft.
- CARDIAC RHYTHM AND HEART FAILURE (CRHF): Devices and therapies to treat abnormal heart rhythms, as well as cardiac diagnostic and monitoring solutions.
- MECHANICAL CIRCULATORY SUPPORT (MCS) — formerly HeartWare: Partnering with clinicians, researchers and scientist worldwide to advance Ventricular Assist Device therapy for the treatment of end stage heart failure.
- CORONARY: Interventional devices to treat coronary arteries that are blocked by atherosclerotic plaque to restore blood flow to the heart.
- ENDOVENOUS: Diagnostic and catheter based technologies utilized to treat chronic venous insufficiency (CVI).
- PERIPHERAL: Interventional devices used to treat peripheral artery disease (PAD) through catheter-based procedures and diagnostic technologies.
- RENAL DENERVATION (RDN): Devices to ablate the renal nerves for the treatment of hypertension and other diseases associated with excess renal sympathetic drive.
- STRUCTURAL HEART: Devices and therapies to treat structural defects of the heart including cannulae, beating heart products, blood management, perfusion products, surgical ablation, surgical valves and rings, and transcatheter valves.
Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (MITG) — Formerly Covidien
We aspire to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less-invasive solutions. Our initial focus areas include diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lungs, pelvic region and kidneys, as well as obesity and preventable complications.
RENAL CARE SOLUTIONS: This business delivers a broad portfolio of meaningful innovations and solutions for the treatment of renal disease that have measurable clinical and economic value. Our global portfolio of products includes dialysis catheters for renal therapy access, fistula cannula for cannulation during dialysis treatment, and a comprehensive portfolio of equipment and consumables for performing dialysis treatment for both acute and chronic renal failure conditions.
RESPIRATORY, GASTROINTESTINAL & INFORMATICS: Our global business unit includes Respiratory, Patient Monitoring, Respiratory Interventions, Health Informatics & Monitoring, and Gastrointestinal & Hepatology. We offer a portfolio of innovative solutions that spans the continuum of care. We help with early detection and treatment of disease, and reduce complications to accelerate recovery from patient conditions. We focus on expanding global access to our therapies that improve clinical outcomes for gastrointestinal diseases and cancers, and patients with respiratory compromise.
- The Gastrointestinal & Hepatology portfolio enables healthcare professionals to detect and treat cancers and chronic diseases of the GI tract and liver at an earlier stage than previously possible. Our focus is to commercialize innovations, we are specialist and not generalist. We want to disrupt the current standards of care and replace them with new breakthrough technology that restore health and extend life. Our solutions span from diagnosis to therapy.
- The Health Informatics & Monitoring business empowers clinicians to predict and prevent adverse events for hospitalized patients. Our product offering includes remote monitoring and clinical decision support tools that transform clinical data into meaningful action to improve patient outcomes. Our software solution is utilized in both low and acuity care settings where technology can play a vital role in patient safety, workflow optimization, and clinician satisfaction.
- Patient Monitoring is a global leader in patient monitoring solutions that guide anesthesia, critical care therapies, and general clinical care for hospitalized patients. Our monitoring solutions are committed to the highest standards of patient safety through the effective use of continuous monitoring, which provides essential sensing of end tidal CO2, variations in blood and organ oxygenation and support of early detection of patients at risk of respiratory compromise; continuous noninvasive measurement of cerebral regional oxygen balance; and guiding anesthetic titration in helping reduce the risk of postoperative delirium. Our solutions support protocols and individualized therapies of patient care delivery.
- Respiratory Interventions aims to improve patient outcomes associated with respiratory failure by eliminating difficult intubations and reducing complications associated with invasive mechanical ventilation. Clinicians need to effectively and confidently deliver respiratory interventions and we support these efforts by offering the following devices: McGrath MAC video laryngoscope, Shiley endotracheal and tracheal tubes, Puritan Bennet ventilators and accessories.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS: We set the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS). We optimize patient outcomes by creating innovative surgical products and services. We currently focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region including gynecology and the head and neck.
- Surgical Innovations: We are divided into three distinct business units and products as follows:
Advanced Surgical Technologies: Stapling and advanced energy-based vessel sealing devices.
General Surgical Products: Sutures, general surgical instruments, electrosurgical products, access devices.
Hernia and Hemostats: Biologic and synthetic mesh and mesh fixation devices.
- Interventional Lung Solutions: For lung cancer: superDimension navigation system, navigational bronchoscopy, electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy.
Medtronic Diabetes is the world leader in integrated diabetes management solutions, including insulin pump therapy, continuous glucose monitoring, algorithm development and therapy management software.
Restorative Therapies Group (RTG)
The Restorative Therapies Group develops life-restoring therapies and healthcare solutions that span the care continuum. We integrate technologies and apply clinical and economic evidence to increase patient access, improve efficiency of procedures, and deliver successful patient outcomes. RTG is made up of these groups:
- SPINE: Shapes spine surgery for the better by delivering procedural solutions and therapeutic biologics. We partner with healthcare stakeholders to accelerate innovations that can improve surgical efficiencies and help create better outcomes for more patients.
- BRAIN THERAPIES: Offers an integrated portfolio of devices and therapies for the treatment of neurological disorders and diseases, as well as surgical technologies designed to improve the precision and workflow of neuro procedures.
- PAIN THERAPIES: Offers solutions — from early interventional procedures to implantable surgical technologies — to treat chronic pain as well as pain from spinal fractures, cancer and severe spasticity.
- SPECIALTY THERAPIES: Offers a broad portfolio of therapies to address urologic and gastrointestinal disorders; conditions of the ear, nose and throat; and electrosurgical products for soft tissue dissection and hemostatic sealing of soft tissue and bone.
U.S. Americas Region
- Medtronic Integrated Health Solutions (IHS): Partnerships that help healthcare providers balance access, cost and high-quality care.
- Medtronic Care Management Services (MCMS): World-class remote monitoring for value-based healthcare at home.