You do your best to avoid airway complications. You know they can be associated with significant patient morbidity and unnecessary expense.2,3,4 But sometimes they occur when you least expect.5,6
With the McGRATH™ MAC video laryngoscope, you can be better prepared for the unexpected. Combining confidence with simplicity and convenience — so your first attempt is your best.
Because airway complications are often unexpected, McGRATH™ MAC video laryngoscopy technology gives you:
1. Kleine-Brueggeney M, Greif R, Schoettker P, Savoldelli GL, Nabecker S, Theiler LG. Evaluation of six video laryngoscopes in 720 patients with a simulated difficult airway: a multicentre randomized controlled trial. Br J Anaesth.2016;116(5):670-9.
2. Fiadjoe JE, Nishisaki A, Jagannathan N, et al. Airway management complications in children with difficult tracheal intubation from the Pediatric Difficult Intubation (PeDI) registry: a prospective cohort analysis. Lancet Respir Med. 2016 4(1):37-48.
3. Metzner J, Posner KL, Lam MS, Domino KB. Closed claims’ analysis. Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2011;25(2):263-76.
4. Cook T, Woodall N, Frerk C. 4th National Audit Project of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and The Difficult Airway Society: Major complications of airway management in the United Kingdom. http://www.rcoa.ac.uk/system/files/CSQ-NAP4-Full.pdf. Published March 2011. Accessed January 2017.
5. Nørskov AK, Rosenstock CV, Wetterslev J, Astrup G, Afshari A, Lundstrøm LH. Diagnostic accuracy of anaesthesiologists' prediction of difficult airway management in daily clinical practice: a cohort study of 188 064 patients registered in the Danish Anaesthesia Database. Anaesthesia. 2015;70(3):272-81.
6. Huitink JM, Lie PP, Heideman I, et al. A prospective, cohort evaluation of major and minor airway management complications during routine anaesthetic care at an academic medical centre. Anaesthesia. 2017;72(1):42-48.
7. Shin M, Bai SJ, Lee KY, Oh E, Kim HJ. Comparing McGRATH® MAC, C-MAC®, and Macintosh laryngoscopes operated by medical students: a randomized, crossover, manikin study. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:8943931.
8. Gaszyński T. Comparison of the glottic view during video-intubation in super obese patients: a series of cases. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2016;12:1677-1682.
9. Szarpak L, Truszewski Z, Czyzewski L, Gaszynski T, Rodríguez-Núñez A. A comparison of the McGrath-MAC and Macintosh laryngoscopes for child tracheal intubation during resuscitation by paramedics. A randomized, crossover, manikin study. Am J Emerg Med. 2016 Aug;34(8):1338-41.
10. Ross M, Baxter A. Use of the new McGrath® MAC size-1 paediatric videolaryngoscope. Anaesthesia. 2015 Oct;70(10):1217-8.