AND SENSES IS
Your patients trust you to protect all that is vital to them during head and neck procedures. That means preserving laryngeal and facial nerve function and reducing the possibility of nerve palsy so quality of life is not compromised.1
NIM Vital™ is the next generation of nerve monitoring technology that gives you a strategic advantage* and greater confidence when monitoring nerve function.2** It advances nerve monitoring to inform your surgical strategy8 so patients can continue living fully and feeling deeply.
meet with nim vital™
Discover our next generation of nerve monitoring technology.
NIM Vital KOL Testimony - (05:05)
BE AMONG THE FIRST TO TRY THE NEW
Take a closer look at the new NIM Vital™ and see for yourself the next generation of nerve monitoring technology
ENT Service contracts
Protect your capital investment with NIM Vital-service programs.
EXPERIENCE A QUIETER PROCEDURE
- Intelligent noise suppression reduces interference from electrical equipment‡
- Clinically relevant audible cues signal nerve functional status4
- Proprietary technology enables monitoring nerve condition through Medtronic Advanced Energy Device use5
A WIRELESS DESIGN REDUCES CONSTRAINTS
- Wireless patient interface and muting streamline the number of wires, reducing risk of tripping in the OR and simplifying setup/tear down
- Wireless console projection onto LCD screens means you can place NIM Vital™ anywhere in the OR
CREATING AN EFFICIENT WORKFLOW
- Touchscreen and streamlined user interface provides a more intuitive workflow6
- Smart troubleshooting pop-ups alert staff to systems issues and offer resolution protocols
- Enhanced remote content of critical settings from the surgical field
FUTURE FEATURES UNLOCKED WITH EASE
The NIM Vital™ product platform allows easy expansion to unlock additional future functionally, enabling use of nerve monitoring to help protect nerve condition and patients’ quality of life.1-3
FULLY MOBILE AND ERGONOMIC
NIM cart enhancements include industrial rolling wheels that move smoothly over cords and mats. An ergonomic handle makes it easy to transport the system.
MORE CONFIDENCE BETTER RESULTS
- Increased operative efficiency and precision7
- Reduces risk of intraoperative nerve damage3
- Reduces time needed to identify nerves7
- Helps surgeon identify site of nerve injury9
REQUEST A DEMONSTRATION OF THE NEW NIM VITAL™
Complete the form and request a dedicated demonstration of the new NIM Vital™
*More robust EMG information.
**Compared to visualization alone.
‡Compared to NIM™ 3.0 Response and NIM™ 3.0 Neuro.
1. Wilson JA, Deary IJ, Miller A, et al. The quality of life impact of dysphonia. Clin Otolaryng 2002;27:179-82.
2. Thomusch O, et al. Intraoperative neuromonitoring of surgery for benign goiter. Amer J Surg. 2002;183(6):673-8.
3. Dionigi G, et al. Why monitor the recurrent laryngeal nerve in thyroid surgery? J Endocrinal Invest. 2010;33:819-822.
4. Data on files: MDT Formative Test Results, M10941932DOC, Attachment B, 2019.
5. Data on files: NIM Vital Console APS PRL Lab Characterization Report 10972728DOC MDT V&V Results page 1 of 1 (Identification of devices), Attachment A page 1 of 1 (Statement of compatibility), 2020.
6. Data on files: Medtronic Formative Usability Report, 10937733DOC, page 5, February, 2019.
7. Sari S, Erbil Y, Sumer A, et al. Evaluation of recurrent laryngeal nerve monitoring in thyroid surgery. Int J Surg. 2010;8(6):474-478.
8. Dionigi G, Bacuzzi A, Rausei S, et al. The technique of intraoperative neuromonitoring in thyroid surgery. Surg technol Int. 2010;19:25-37.
9. Randolph GW and Dralle H with the International Intraoperative Monitoring Study Group. Electrophysiologic recurrent laryngeal nerve monitoring during thyroid and parathyroid surgery: international standards guideline statement. Laryngoscope 2011; 121:S1-S16.
See the device manual for detailed information regarding the instructions for use, indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and potential adverse events. For further information, contact your local Medtronic representative and/or consult the Medtronic website at medtronic.eu