Ask Your Doctor
If you have been diagnosed with a thoracic aortic aneurysm, you may want to discuss these questions with your doctor. Following are some questions to about the diagnosis and treatment of thoracic aortic aneurysm:
- How did this aneurysm develop in my aorta?
- How was the aneurysm diagnosed?
- Am I a candidate for endovascular repair?
- What is an endovascular stent graft?
- How can I find out if I am a candidate for endovascular stent grafting?
About Endovascular Stent Grafting
If your doctor has recommended endovascular stent grafting to treat your thoracic aortic aneurysm, you will want to discuss the procedure in detail. Here is a list of questions to help you get the discussion started:
- What are the benefits of thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair (TEVAR)?
- What are the potential risks and complications?
- What types of endovascular stent grafts are available?
- How do I know which type of stent graft is right for me?
- What happens during the surgery?
- How long will the stent graft remain in my body?
- Will it hurt?
- When can I go back to my daily routine?
- What are the survival rates of stent graft therapy?
Information on this site should not be used as a substitute for talking with your doctor. Always talk with your doctor about diagnosis and treatment information.