Delivering Performance Beyond Expectations
Across the range of products and procedures, LigaSure™ technology delivers a unique combination of pressure and energy to create a consistent seal with each application.
- Provides a combination of pressure and energy to create vessel fusion
- Permanently fuses vessels up to and including 7 mm in diameter and tissue bundles without dissection or isolation
- Average seal cycle is 2 to 4 seconds, when used with the ForceTriad™ energy platform
- Seals withstand three times normal systolic blood pressure
- Feedback-controlled response system automatically discontinues energy delivery when the seal cycle is complete, eliminating the guesswork
LigaSure™ instruments have been found to:
- Reduce blood loss compared to sutures and clips,
- Reduce procedure time compared to sutures2,3
- Reduce patient length of stay compared to sutures2
Compared to mechanical ligation techniques, LigaSure™ technology has been shown to:
- Significantly reduce operative blood loss in colorectal, gynaecologic and urologic surgery,,,,,
- Significantly reduce perioperative blood transfusions in gynaecologic, urologic and general surgery8,,
- Significantly reduce procedure time in colorectal, gynaecologic and urologic surgery4,6,7,9,,
- Significantly reduce length of hospital stay in gynaecologic and urologic surgery6,13
Compared to other energy-based modalities, LigaSure™ technology has been shown to:
- Significantly reduce operative blood loss in colorectal and gynaecologic surgery,,,
- Significantly reduce procedure time in colorectal and gynaecologic surgery14,17
What is TissueFect™ sensing technology?
TissueFect™ sensing technology is the control system for the ForceTriad™ energy platform, designed to precisely manage energy delivery, creating a range of options for desired tissue effect. TissueFect™ sensing technology monitors changes in tissue impedance 3,333 times a second, and adjusts energy output accordingly to deliver the appropriate amount of energy for the desired tissue effect.
What is LigaSure™ tissue fusion?
LigaSure™ vessel sealing technology has been updated and improved in the ForceTriad™ energy platform, controlled by TissueFect™ sensing technology. LigaSure™ tissue fusion, like LigaSure™ vessel sealing, uses the body’s own collagen and elastin to create a permanent fusion zone. This technology can fuse vessels up to and including 7 mm, lymphatics, tissue bundles and pulmonary vasculature, and has an average seal cycle of two to four seconds in most surgical situations.